Thread: Trigger pinch with a GP100

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Trigger pinch with a GP100

I have a 4" Ruger GP100 that pinches my finger when the trigger is pulled fully rearward. Has anyone had experience and how did you remedy it or what options do I have?

JPGM

Feedback Score
    Old thread with no replies, but I just bought a brand new GP100 that came with a rust spot, so I am sending it back for that to be fixed, but when shooting hot .357 ammo, I get a nasty painful trigger slap. Sounds like it might be different from what you are experiencing, but it makes shooting full house .357 loads painful and unpleasant. I’ve been trying to figure out if it is a Ruger problem or ammo. I’d like them to look at that and fixe it also. In another forum, no one with a GP100 has ever experienced it, so I’m thinking it’s a gun problem.

Are you experiencing the pinching when dry firing or live firing?
    Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    wingspar
    It definitely sounds like a defect in your trigger. I'm sure Ruger will take good care of you. I have an idea to remedy my trigger pinch without replacing the trigger geometry. When I get more time I'll post if it works out.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    I experienced the trigger pinch issue with a Speed Six. Cured it by rounding the rear edges of the trigger.
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I had the same issue on my match champion. I rounded the rear of the trigger and readjusted my grip. I only seem to notice it during dry firing. On the line, it's not an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I rounded the trigger also but the pinching still occurs. My thought was to apply some clear silicone sealant to raise up the left side of the trigger guard preventing the finger from getting trapped. Obviously carefull application to ensure the trigger's full travel isn't impeded. I'm away at a class this weekend so this will have to wait.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    I’ve experienced it with the GP100 as well in DA.

Not sure what the “cure” would be since I don’t own one. A set of stocks that adjust trigger reach would be the first thing I would try. The GP100 grip seems to be small and cramped for my hands, and I suspect that is why I get pinched by the rear of the trigger shoe.