Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MPX vs MP5

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Why even consider the MPX when the B&T APC9 Pro is available. The MP5 is the gold standard, the one to beat. IMO the APC9 Pro beats it. And I say that as a lover of the MP5. Where the MP5 truly has the most merit as a civilian is in its ability to be a sear host and live up to its full potential as a SMG. The MPX suffers from the fact that SigSauer USA makes it. Had it been made by HK, SwissArms, KAC, LMT, B&T, or really any other reputable manufacturer that values QC/QA, it may have been a great implementation of an interesting design. Instead it’s been beta tested by its early adopters. Hard pass.
    Being tested by early adopters is the very definition of beta testing. The fact that SIG is willing to do continual product improvement changes rather than hold them and release major upgrades more incrementally can be seen positively or negatively. On one hand it gives the user base a feeling of instability. On the other hand if incorporating one small improvement rather than waiting for the next release saves one life, isn’t that more responsive as a company?
    Do citizen users benefit more from many small improvements or fewer large revisions that bundle all the improvements? Bar owners make fortunes on that philosophical discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I own a couple fullauto MP5s and have shot the fullauto APC9 side by side with my MP5K-N suppressed in an indoor range without ear pro using 158gr Fiocchi subs (my preferred subsonic loaf across all suppressed 9mm firearms). We did not meter, however subjectively the APC was no louder than my MP5K-N. The ejection port noise was not uncomfortable either.
    Cool. I'd still like to see metered results, but that's promising. If it's below 140dB at the shooter's ear using straight blowback and with comparable recoil impulse to an MP5, that's just plain better. Less parts to wear and a better breach/receiver area for easier malfunction clearance.

Re: controls, the APC controls are very ergonomic, even more so on the Pro, and far more so than the MP5. I’m not sure how you could make the APC9 Pro controls any faster. This is not a knock on the MP5, as they are truly my favorite Subguns in my collection.
    Whoops. That wasn't as clear as it could have been. I was wishing for something from B&T using B&T's controls, but with delayed blowback or a fully locked breach to make it quieter at the shooter's ear when suppressed. B&T's APC and GHM subguns have great controls.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    Being tested by early adopters is the very definition of beta testing. The fact that SIG is willing to do continual product improvement changes rather than hold them and release major upgrades more incrementally can be seen positively or negatively. On one hand it gives the user base a feeling of instability. On the other hand if incorporating one small improvement rather than waiting for the next release saves one life, isn’t that more responsive as a company?
    Do citizen users benefit more from many small improvements or fewer large revisions that bundle all the improvements? Bar owners make fortunes on that philosophical discussion.

Beta tester’s Stockholm Syndrome?
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Cool. I'd still like to see metered results, but that's promising. If it's below 140dB at the shooter's ear using straight blowback and with comparable recoil impulse to an MP5, that's just plain better. Less parts to wear and a better breach/receiver area for easier malfunction clearance.

Whoops. That wasn't as clear as it could have been. I was wishing for something from B&T using B&T's controls, but with delayed blowback or a fully locked breach to make it quieter at the shooter's ear when suppressed. B&T's APC and GHM subguns have great controls.

I would love to see meter results but that’s going to take someone with proper sound meters who knows how to test. Not likely going to happen. I agree with you that a modernized RDBB would be neat.

Feedback Score
    Beta tester’s Stockholm Syndrome?
    Another person who would rather go on the offensive rather than have a conversation?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    Another person who would rather go on the offensive rather than have a conversation?

Not at all. That was a light hearted comment, hence the smiley face.

Feedback Score

I was wishing for something from B&T using B&T's controls, but with delayed blowback or a fully locked breach to make it quieter at the shooter's ear when suppressed.
    The new LWRC gun is delayed blowback, and is supposed to be offered in 9mm (45 was just released). Also, the Stribog is supposed to have a delayed blowback version that will be released at some point. Of course, the CMMG Guard is out now (radial delayed blowback), but it seems to like being tuned for the ammunition it's being used with.
    Last edited by eodinert; 07-12-19 at 01:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    The new LWRC gun is delayed blowback, and is supposed to be offered in 9mm (45 was just released). Also, the Stribog is supposed to have a delayed blowback version that will be released at some point. Of course, the CMMG Guard is out now (radial delayed blowback), but it seems to like being tuned for the ammunition it's being used with.
    I think the new LWRC gun looks really, really cool, but I don't think I like the tilting barrel design choice. I want to hear them explain what makes that better than building a stock around a CZ P-10/PPQ/other.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think the new LWRC gun looks really, really cool, but I don't think I like the tilting barrel design choice. I want to hear them explain what makes that better than building a stock around a CZ P-10/PPQ/other.
    Those f*cking liars are only good at ONE THING: Explaining why the garbage they build is better than other guns that actually work.

I can't believe those bottom feeding imbeciles would even try to get into a sub gun design.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast