Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MPX vs MP5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Not at all. That was a light hearted comment, hence the smiley face.
    I apologize. When I read it today the lightheartedness came through clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a personal zenith Z5-P, an MPX carbine and an MPX-K. My agency has a few MP5’s still in the armory, and recently approved and is in the process of getting the select fire MPX platform for subgun issue. In the previous agency I worked for, we had MP5K-PDW’s for special assignments. I currently am issued a select fire colt M4, that will be retained when the MPX’s finally arrive.
    So, I have experience with both platforms.

For the range, the MP5k is hands down favorite toy by far. The nostalgia is awesome and its an accurate soft shooting gun.

With that said, without the bolt hold open and ability to quickly reload, its no longer a realistic choice for a duty weapon when there are far better choices available.

The MPX has some flaws to be sure, and SIG may or may not fix them at the factory level, but for a duty issued weapon in select fire, its awesome. The AR configured controls make it easy to operate for anyone who has even a minor level of familiarization with an M4 or the like. Mag changes and ambi controls make it far faster than an MP5 platform, and the modularity of the MPX makes barrel, forend and stock changes a 5 minute operation.

Feedback Score
    MP5 for recoil impulse, suppression, parts availability and reliability. APC/APC Pro might be a contender, although I have read facebook posts about issues past 1000 to 1500 rounds, but alas they should be considered as unreliable sources.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:08.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    Read up on the MP5 with some getting to ridiculously high round counts.
    Not sure, I'm following you here, I was alluding to the APC/APC Pro having issues, that said, I was aware of Henderson Defense(Battlefield Vegas), the NASA gun and others, my personal clone has in excessive of 10K on it.

Feedback Score
    Check out the MAD bolt if you pick up an MP5. It's a nice upgrade for the Turkish guns in particular, as you get the better extractor design and its cut for the newest 'wavy wire' roller retainer. The factory MKE guns use the old first pattern bolt head and plate roller retainer.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:08.

Feedback Score
    Are the reviews old or new? There was a bad batch of bolts a year ago or so, but that's been resolved as far as I know.

I just got mine last month and no issues so far.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I was debating between the two several years ago. I bought a Zenith and haven't looked back since.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichDC2 View Post
    That rifle has won trophies for its game face alone!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345