Recently updated to the M&P M2.0 for my CCW's: a Compact 4" and a Shield. They are so improved vs Gen1, only item I plan to upgrade is sights. What I'm looking for: a big bright red/orange front dot (tritium or FO is fine--have been running a red FO on my 1911 commander for a couple years and love it), and preferably a plain black rear with a u-notch sight cut-out.

Top candidates:
  • 10-8 Performance. Hits all the features and this sight set has a great track record. Reported to be tight to fit, but I have a good sight pusher.
  • Wilson/Vickers Elite. Also nails the features list. Has options that include a plain black u-shaped rear sight, and a red front F/O.
  • Dawson Precision Charger. Plain black rear, but a square cut-out, and red F/O front. These get a lot of rave reviews for accuracy.
  • Trijicon HD XR. This is the most appealing option I've seen with a tritium front; and it does look awesome. Only minor drawback is tritium lamps in the rear. If there's a plain black rear sight from another brand that matches up with the HD XR front sight height and width-wise, I'd look at that.

Does anybody have firsthand feedback on pros/cons of these sights--on M&P's or even Glocks is ok? And if you've used two or more of these sets, comparative comments would be really useful.