Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
Sorry you had to learn that the hard way, but thanks for posting the info. A good tip for me, as I have 20/15 at distance but the same issue within 24." I rechecked the rear sight notch width on the HD XR for the M&P, they say 0.169" which is really wide, front post at 0.122", and I couldn't find what the lamp width is. But bottom line, that's a big difference between the front and rear widths, plus with the bright lamp, it should help folks with presbyopia. The Wilson set has a better front-rear width differential than the Trijicon FO, but not as good as the HD XR. So it's down to the Wilsons, the HD XR, and now I'm gonna reconsider the 10-8--because with those you can choose a wider rear site notch at 0.156" to pair with an average or narrow front post for the FO.
Well, Today I ordered HD/XR Orange for the G21. While ordering I found a set of Trijicon HD/XR for 17, 19, 34, 45 MOS models. Both on the way.

Looked at Dawson and 10-8 before final decision. Tried finding a rear sight to work with the Trijicon FO front at .200 tall. Bud's again and Amazon are supplying the sights.

Anyone want a try with the Trij FO sight for G20/21?