Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sights options for M&P 2.0 compact and shield

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sights options for M&P 2.0 compact and shield

Recently updated to the M&P M2.0 for my CCW's: a Compact 4" and a Shield. They are so improved vs Gen1, only item I plan to upgrade is sights. What I'm looking for: a big bright red/orange front dot (tritium or FO is fine--have been running a red FO on my 1911 commander for a couple years and love it), and preferably a plain black rear with a u-notch sight cut-out.

Top candidates:
    • 10-8 Performance. Hits all the features and this sight set has a great track record. Reported to be tight to fit, but I have a good sight pusher.
    • Wilson/Vickers Elite. Also nails the features list. Has options that include a plain black u-shaped rear sight, and a red front F/O.
    • Dawson Precision Charger. Plain black rear, but a square cut-out, and red F/O front. These get a lot of rave reviews for accuracy.
    • Trijicon HD XR. This is the most appealing option I've seen with a tritium front; and it does look awesome. Only minor drawback is tritium lamps in the rear. If there's a plain black rear sight from another brand that matches up with the HD XR front sight height and width-wise, I'd look at that.

Does anybody have firsthand feedback on pros/cons of these sights--on M&P's or even Glocks is ok? And if you've used two or more of these sets, comparative comments would be really useful.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have HD's on my Shield, XR's were not out then. Wife's Shield has HD/XR's all in Orange.
    My M&P 2.0 Compact wears HD/XR Orange. Sig 226 and a couple of Glock Gen 5's do too.
    The Ameriglo AGENTS from Brownells are fine too. U shape rear and BIG Orange up front.
    You can get a .140" or a .125" wide front blade. Like an HD vs HD/XR. They are less $$$ than Trijicons.
    Trijicon supplies the tritium for Ameriglo. FBI new Glock 17/19M has Ameriglo sights.
    I have 1 set of Ameriglo BOLD which came on a factory GLOCK Blue Label and 1 set of AGENTS.
    On a G17 Gen 5 I sold had Wilson Combat rear and their .200" tall frt sight Ameriglo supplies for the Paul Howe Spec Ed G19/26 from WC.
    I thought the Wilson rear sight U was narrow on the Glock, BUTT not so on my WC 1911 9mm 5"
    I tried the WC green FO front, could not see it in certain lighting so I got the Orange frt tritium sight.
    I prefer the Trijicon's, but for the money, Ameriglo works.

Monday, July 8th, I will receive my Trijicon sight set, fiber optic front from Bud's Gun SHop. $71.00 and $$ for shipping. Best price around.
    It has red fiber insert in it. That will go on a Glock 21 Gen 4 45acp. Friend is using them and liked them really well on a G20/21 IDR which one.
    Last edited by RWH24; 07-06-19 at 19:54.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good tip on the Trijicon Fiber option. Great to see that they've moved to plain black rear. Also looks like narrower dimensions with a 0.125" rear square notch, 0.110" front post, 0.06" front fiber. For me this narrows down the options to these, and the Wilson/Vicker Elite sites with plain black rear and red fiber front. The Vickers sights have a 0.145" rear u-notch optimized for low-light, 0.125" front post, 0.0585" front fiber.

The Vickers design on the rear looks slightly more appealing just based on pictures. Would help to hear input from anyone who's tried the Wilson/Vickers set, or the Trijicon Fibers on a Glock or M&P. Especially like to know details around the visibility of the front dot, the width of the front posts good/bad, and your sight picture given the width and shape of the rear sight notch. My indoor pistol range has free rentals for members, with a little luck they'll have rental pistols with these sets installed.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Frank Proctor Y-notch Sight Set is worth a look. The front is fiber-optic. The rear notch is all black, and is "Y" shaped. It is a unique take on the width of the rear sight notch. I really like it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Recently updated to the M&P M2.0 for my CCW's: a Compact 4" and a Shield. They are so improved vs Gen1, only item I plan to upgrade is sights. What I'm looking for: a big bright red/orange front dot
    Trijicon HD's in orange.

Don't look back.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Take a look at the TFX Pro's from Truglo. I put a set on my duty gun. They are really quick getting on to target.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    WELL, I received my Trijicon FO yesterday. Installed and shot at every door knob and fixtures in the house, DRY FIRE.
    My eyes are so used to HD/XR and my bifocals don't allow me a sharp sight picture. Lesson learned, new purchase soon.

I should have paid closer attention to the rear sight notch size.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    WELL, I received my Trijicon FO yesterday. Installed and shot at every door knob and fixtures in the house, DRY FIRE.
    My eyes are so used to HD/XR and my bifocals don't allow me a sharp sight picture. Lesson learned, new purchase soon.

I should have paid closer attention to the rear sight notch size.
    Sorry you had to learn that the hard way, but thanks for posting the info. A good tip for me, as I have 20/15 at distance but the same issue within 24." I rechecked the rear sight notch width on the HD XR for the M&P, they say 0.169" which is really wide, front post at 0.122", and I couldn't find what the lamp width is. But bottom line, that's a big difference between the front and rear widths, plus with the bright lamp, it should help folks with presbyopia. The Wilson set has a better front-rear width differential than the Trijicon FO, but not as good as the HD XR. So it's down to the Wilsons, the HD XR, and now I'm gonna reconsider the 10-8--because with those you can choose a wider rear site notch at 0.156" to pair with an average or narrow front post for the FO.

Feedback Score
    image.jpg

Not sure what this combo is called but I think it is sold as a set now. When I got them it was a secret menu item.

Large Trijicon tritium dot up front and a rear with very small tritium inserts that disappear in day light. It’s almost as fast as the fiber optic front and solid U notch I have in my gaming guns.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    I have one M&P set up with Dawson FO's (match gun), and 2 set up with HD XR fronts and Dawson plain black rears. This combo works best for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast