Thread: Review of my improved irons set up:

Feedback Score

Review of my improved irons set up:

My eyes suck, and my glasses are nearly ;Futurama Professor' thick, too. So I chose to improve the iron sighrs on my M&P 15 Sport 2. For the rear, I chose the Troy INdustries SOCC rear folding sight. For the front sight replacement post, I chose the Blitzkrieg Components LLC luminescent green triangle. In tandem with the largest hole in the rear sight, but I got more rapid target acquisition, also. However, with the small rear sight hole, I had difficulty getting the sights to line up as quickly, too.

Both products are sturdy Installation of the Troy Industries product was hyper-easy. But installation of the front sight post replacement was a nightmare and even with the optional tool, too. Blue Loc-tite proved totally successful in making sure the front sight post replacement stayed put.

Conclusion: You're not going to win any sports-related prizes with this same sight rig. But it is a superior tool for home defense usage, too. A-, recommended buy for defensive users.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure why set ups like this aren't more popular other than the electro options have a greater bling factor. I did something similar for my HD gun. I run Troy HK style fixed sights with an XS front sight post. The white stripe makes target acquisition very fast when combined with the Troy large ghost ring. The same plan precision aperture makes pretty decent open sight groups at distance.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodan1957 View Post
    . But it is a superior tool for home defense usage, too. A-, recommended buy for defensive users.
    Data?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    My eyes suck, and my glasses are nearly ;Futurama Professor' thick, too. So I chose to improve the iron sighrs on my M&P 15 Sport 2. For the rear, I chose the Troy INdustries SOCC rear folding sight. For the front sight replacement post, I chose the Blitzkrieg Components LLC luminescent green triangle. In tandem with the largest hole in the rear sight, but I got more rapid target acquisition, also. However, with the small rear sight hole, I had difficulty getting the sights to line up as quickly, too.

Both products are sturdy Installation of the Troy Industries product was hyper-easy. But installation of the front sight post replacement was a nightmare and even with the optional tool, too. Blue Loc-tite proved totally successful in making sure the front sight post replacement stayed put.

Conclusion: You're not going to win any sports-related prizes with this same sight rig. But it is a superior tool for home defense usage, too. A-, recommended buy for defensive users.
    Why was the sight post difficult to install? Why and what did you use loctite on?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Not one single portion of this post leads me to believe any of it is worth buying. The last paragraph is especially telling. Buy regular quality choices, or better yet a regular quality optic now that we aren't stuck pre-2000 anymore and rock on with actual quality defensive setup.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerguns View Post
    I'm not sure why set ups like this aren't more popular other than the electro options have a greater bling factor. I did something similar for my HD gun. I run Troy HK style fixed sights with an XS front sight post. The white stripe makes target acquisition very fast when combined with the Troy large ghost ring. The same plan precision aperture makes pretty decent open sight groups at distance.
    Because electro optics are superior in nearly every way in a close quarters self defense situation?

Nothing at all wrong with night sights on a defensive carbine if that's all you can afford though.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.