Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lower out of spec causing bolt catch failure to engage. Need a solution.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Meeting Roger today was great. But also a sad reminder that when I first came to this state, it was the Mecca for shooting sports.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Glad you got it sorted out with Roger. That's definitely going above and beyond.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you guys, you're making me blush lol

We were in the position to help, I didn't think we'd have one with a long enough mag follower trip to offset the distance the lower places the bolt catch or magazine well, but we were able to find one. It was good timing too, many of the bolt catches were out of stock till a week or two ago, everything worked out.

Based on our findings yesterday, we will make appropriate changes to ABC/R v3, the development for it was finished last year, but we're adding this one last minute feature to all 5.56mm versions. All of our products continue to improve and evolve based on real world experience and lessons, the slightly longer mag follower trip is one of them.
    Last edited by Duffy; 07-08-19 at 18:09.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Good work Duffy. I wish to purchase an extended 6315 from you. Take my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1815KM (available now) and 6315KM are both Dead Air sound suppressor mounts that can do the job of extended versions of 1815 and 6315, so we're pushing back 1815X and 6315X

1815KM:
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Meeting Roger today was great. But also a sad reminder that when I first came to this state, it was the Mecca for shooting sports.
    Still is...there's some sort of shooting match pretty much every weekend in SoCal. Glad Roger could help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Thank you guys, you're making me blush lol

We were in the position to help, I didn't think we'd have one with a long enough mag follower trip to offset the distance the lower places the bolt catch or magazine well, but we were able to find one. It was good timing too, many of the bolt catches were out of stock till a week or two ago, everything worked out.

Based on our findings yesterday, we will make appropriate changes to ABC/R v3, the development for it was finished last year, but we're adding this one last minute feature to all 5.56mm versions. All of our products continue to improve and evolve based on real world experience and lessons, the slightly longer mag follower trip is one of them.
    Hey dude please make one with a milspec paddle along with the longer tooth so a battery assist device will fit ahaha. I'd buy in a heartbeat

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...y_ep_53-1.html

Short version is we won't make changes that negatively impact the design and functionality to accommodate a third party part that's known to cause malfunctions on some ARs. For us to change the design (we've updated twice since 2015, so it's not about our reluctance to make changes), the effort needs to be justified.

ABC/R v3 incorporates changes we developed since v2 in 2017. Compatibility with BAD was considered for one brief moment during the initial ABC/R development, and summarily dismissed as a a wrong direction for us, and our stance has remained the same, sorry
    Last edited by Duffy; 07-11-19 at 15:15.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...y_ep_53-1.html

Short version is we won't make changes that negatively impact the design and functionality to accommodate a third party part that's known to cause malfunctions on some ARs. For us to change the design (we've updated twice since 2015, so it's not about our reluctance to make changes), the effort needs to be justified.

ABC/R v3 incorporates changes we developed since v2 in 2017. Compatibility with BAD was considered for one brief moment during the initial ABC/R development, and summarily dismissed as a a wrong direction for us, and our stance has remained the same, sorry
    I <3 engineering driven companies.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123