Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cali quakes..anyone here involved & what are you & others doing for prep?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm also coming from the position that if I lost everything in the house and received $0 for it, I have enough in the bank to keep on keepin' on. I'm not saying it wouldn't suck...but loosing a member of my family would be far worse.

Feedback Score
    I live in SoCal---about 120 miles from 7.1 EQ---definitely felt some rolling motion that lasted about 20 seconds---an unusually long time as most EQs seem more sharp and shorter time---been told that because we were so far away and living in a hilly area, that was normal. This whole EQ thing has restarted additional preps for us---adding more water for just in case and reviewing other items we could need to buy or refresh. And yes, we have EQ insurance as we are too old to rebuild by ourselves...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really hope a good outcome for all yall affected.
    Has the fear died down any?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Eathquakes and Tornados are deal breakers for me. Hurricanes you get a lot of notice and can get gone. Eathquakes and Tornadoes, boom, your covered in rubble dead and dying....Not for me. Good luck to all out there, we're pulling for you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    Eathquakes and Tornados are deal breakers for me. Hurricanes you get a lot of notice and can get gone. Eathquakes and Tornadoes, boom, your covered in rubble dead and dying....Not for me. Good luck to all out there, we're pulling for you.
    Typically, Most people get injured or die in a earthquake when they are running out of a building for safety and debris falls on them. During the Northridge Earthquake some people died in their beds because the building just pancaked on them. I would not want to live thru any disasters, but S*&^ happens.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I really hope a good outcome for all yall affected.
    Has the fear died down any?
    We are all doing well.

The seismic events have throttled way back. Every once in a while we are still getting one large enough to get your attention. We let for a couple of days not necessarily due to fear, but because no one could sleep for days and we were just getting ground down by the frequency. A lot of people were also without power, and our neighbor ruptured a gas line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12