Thread: Best Group So Far from my LMT MWS

Feedback Score

Best Group So Far from my LMT MWS

While I wait for my Nightforce NX8 2.5-20 to arrive I bought several types of precision ammo for it to give it a whirl, several Lapua Loads and a box of Federal Gold Medal Match with 175gr SMK bullets. I had my CompM5 and an Aimpoint 3x. The trigger is stock LMT (I'd really like something a bit lighter, frankly). I bench rested it and am pretty pleased with the results given the magnification I was working with. I put seven rounds into a 1.5" white dot on a human torso target. Distance: 100 yards. I should mention I'm using the 20" LMT barrel. I am looking forward to better results with a scope and more magnification. Three were in a .5"group in a straight vertical line, the other three from center to side.
    Last edited by TH76251556; 07-06-19 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thats impressive shooting with 3X, you will surely get sub Moa with your NF scope. Buy yourself a G SSA trigger while all the 4th sales are rocking on. That will make the entire experience better. And groups shrink.

Congrats on your new MWS. Is your barrel SS ?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Thats impressive shooting with 3X, you will surely get sub Moa with your NF scope. Buy yourself a G SSA trigger while all the 4th sales are rocking on. That will make the entire experience better. And groups shrink.

Congrats on your new MWS. Is your barrel SS ?

PB
    Yes, I purchased the SS 20" barrel.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I thought you said 18? Either way, thats legit stuff.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Yup, meant 20"