Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chassis for Tikka T3x LH

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Thanks, I see it now. Must have been a late night.
    I don't have any affiliation or acquaintance with any of these places, just a shooter like you. But I did research both of these chassis systems for a folding LH Tikka quite a bit, and talked to reps on the phone from both places.

It's definitely worth talking to XLR, ask them some of the details about the chassis, for example the design of their folder if that's important to you (how it works with the bolt when folded--lots of folding chassis don't have a good setup for that). Also, they told me they will in July be releasing a new chassis that will be even lighter, updated, and with more modular options to sort of mix and match what you need, and expand the chassis later for different types of shooting. I was super interested in their "Carbon" chassis--my favorite LH Tikka option I've seen yet up to this point--but the new one sounded so cool, I decided to wait a couple weeks and see what it looks like before I buy anything.

Just my 0.02--which you asked for :-)--I think the overall reputation and features of the XLR, and their forthcoming new one, are really worth considering for a LH Tikka. If there's any chance you could check around at your local range, maybe even attend a PRS match and get your hands on one to try it out, I'd sure give it a look. I'm trying to do the same thing, no luck finding a local owner of one yet.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    I don't have any affiliation or acquaintance with any of these places, just a shooter like you. But I did research both of these chassis systems for a folding LH Tikka quite a bit, and talked to reps on the phone from both places.

It's definitely worth talking to XLR, ask them some of the details about the chassis, for example the design of their folder if that's important to you (how it works with the bolt when folded--lots of folding chassis don't have a good setup for that). Also, they told me they will in July be releasing a new chassis that will be even lighter, updated, and with more modular options to sort of mix and match what you need, and expand the chassis later for different types of shooting. I was super interested in their "Carbon" chassis--my favorite LH Tikka option I've seen yet up to this point--but the new one sounded so cool, I decided to wait a couple weeks and see what it looks like before I buy anything.

Just my 0.02--which you asked for :-)--I think the overall reputation and features of the XLR, and their forthcoming new one, are really worth considering for a LH Tikka. If there's any chance you could check around at your local range, maybe even attend a PRS match and get your hands on one to try it out, I'd sure give it a look. I'm trying to do the same thing, no luck finding a local owner of one yet.
    Thanks, I appreciate you sharing your research.

Yeah, a folding stock is a big deal for me due to storage and transportation, so I'll want a good setup there. I'm in no big rush so I'll wait and see what else XLR is brings to the table. Thanks for the heads up.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I ran into this one...MPA BA Chassis and was wondering if anyone used it and what they think it?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's worth noting an update to this thread, for anyone still searching for LH chassis options: XLR industries has just come out with a big update to their Element line of chassis (it's now the 3.0 version) that will be welcome for LH shooters. They are made ambidextrous by default and the design makes it easy to configure the stock for LH or RH use, somewhat similar in principle to what Magpul did with their ambi R700 chassis. This of course would make it easy to re-sell the stock later, to any-handed shooter, as well. The chassis can also accommodate their folding adapter, and even in the most basic configuration of the chassis (the aluminum version, the basic buttstock, and a folding adapter), the total weight will come in right at about 3 pounds. You can spend more for exotic materials and go lighter. They also have various cerakote options.

I ordered one for a Tikka, which may be of interest to the OP. I got the most basic aluminum chassis, buttstock, and folding stock adapter, which is a smidge over $700 but that's actually well under a typically configured Manners/Mcmillan these days, and I can get it in about 3 weeks (versus 5-7 months), and it won't require bedding. I still like my Manners on my R700 too, but the chassis definitely has it uses.

https://xlrindustries.com/pages/chassis-systems

All in all, looks like a cool offering. Look forward to getting mine.
    Last edited by maximus83; 08-14-19 at 18:32. Reason: fix bad link

Feedback Score
    I ran into this one...MPA BA Chassis and was wondering if anyone used it and what they think it?
    I have two. One is an MPA 6.5 CM built rifle in a BA chassis. The other is a Tikka CTR 6.5 CM in an MPA Tikka chassis. I'm very happy with both of them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Good info here. I wish there was a left hand heavy barrel option from Tikka.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It's worth noting an update to this thread, for anyone still searching for LH chassis options: XLR industries has just come out with a big update to their Element line of chassis (it's now the 3.0 version) that will be welcome for LH shooters. They are made ambidextrous by default and the design makes it easy to configure the stock for LH or RH use, somewhat similar in principle to what Magpul did with their ambi R700 chassis. This of course would make it easy to re-sell the stock later, to any-handed shooter, as well. The chassis can also accommodate their folding adapter, and even in the most basic configuration of the chassis (the aluminum version, the basic buttstock, and a folding adapter), the total weight will come in right at about 3 pounds. You can spend more for exotic materials and go lighter. They also have various cerakote options.

I ordered one for a Tikka, which may be of interest to the OP. I got the most basic aluminum chassis, buttstock, and folding stock adapter, which is a smidge over $700 but that's actually well under a typically configured Manners/Mcmillan these days, and I can get it in about 3 weeks (versus 5-7 months), and it won't require bedding. I still like my Manners on my R700 too, but the chassis definitely has it uses.

https://xlrindustries.com/pages/chassis-systems

All in all, looks like a cool offering. Look forward to getting mine.
    I haven't pulled the trigger on a chassis (or rifle for that matter) so I'm making it back around, thanks for the update to the thread. Do you have anything else now that you've presumably have received it and had out to the range/field.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have the XLR chassis on one of my Tikka’s.
    No complaints.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't pulled the trigger on a chassis (or rifle for that matter) so I'm making it back around, thanks for the update to the thread. Do you have anything else now that you've presumably have received it and had out to the range/field.
    Well believe it or not...I don't have it in hand yet. It went to the gunsmith in Texas for custom work with my Tikka, was supposed to be done first week of December. He found out his son developed cancer and was spending all their time in the hospital. I asked him not to worry about the rifle until he can get to it, so I probably won't have it for a month or two yet. If you want more feedback, there was a long-running thread over on the HIde about it, here: https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...tries.6953466/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Well believe it or not...I don't have it in hand yet. It went to the gunsmith in Texas for custom work with my Tikka, was supposed to be done first week of December. He found out his son developed cancer and was spending all their time in the hospital. I asked him not to worry about the rifle until he can get to it, so I probably won't have it for a month or two yet. If you want more feedback, there was a long-running thread over on the HIde about it, here: https://forum.snipershide.com/thread...tries.6953466/
    Thanks for that link, I'll check it out.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12