Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 notes.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by graffex View Post
    I love everything about the USP except for the trigger. The LEM is even worse in my experience lol
    That is surprising to me, I like the light LEM trigger. I would be interested to know what is their best selling trigger out of their multiple trigger - decocker - safety versions.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    “Some of the big blocky grips bother me more when I am incidentally handling vs when I am really shooting”

Agreed

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Some of the big blocky grips bother me more when I am incidentally handling vs when I am really shooting. I think they nailed it with their HK45 grips, but the USP's are quite usable to me. I prefer a slightly larger grip to one that is too small. YMMV
    True for me with the USP .45. Didn't like the grip while handling, but I shot it well enough.

Feedback Score
    I had one of these in .40, variant 3. Loved it until I fired it one handed. Dumped the mag every time. That particular mag release isn't for everyone.

Feedback Score
    Congratulations on a great deal! I have a USPc .40 that is the smoothest shooting .40 that I have owned. For me the grip is perfect on the USP pistols and the paddle release is my preferred mag release. Definitely get the extended paddle. Mags are higher than most, but when you look at the cost of the firearm/mags compared to ammo, you can put a lot into a pistol and still be a consumable. Enjoy the journey!

HK: Take it to war, fire all your bullets, beat the enemy to death with the pistol. And bring it back home and pass it down for generations to come.
    Last edited by SiGfever; 07-28-19 at 09:41.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I really want a usp in .45 but I hate to invest into another caliber...

Feedback Score
    I just got one of these in a trade. Former LE gun I think.

My impressions:

Accurate
    DA trigger is terrible
    Smooth, thick trigger feels nice
    SA is fine
    Grip is way too smooth and gun was sliding around in my hands
    Grip angle and grip shape, while still a little blocky, better than Glock
    Mag release is probably better for me, but since it's the only gun I have with this style, I'm not sure it's a good idea
    Recoil is flippy. The S&W 2.0 .45 I had handled recoil better. But a big part of that was probably the very secure on the S&W and very slick grip on the HK
    Reliable, though I haven't tried any JHP's in it yet
    40 oz loaded
    Would prefer a 9mm

I like hammer-fired guns. This one is like the Cheetah I carry in that you can carry from the decock position with safety off. Result is a lot of take up, then a short, heavy trigger pull. Too bad it works opposite of my Cheetah. Not a big deal.

The bigger deal is I just learned in this thread I can make it a decock only model! It needs this, rubberized grip tape, and new sights. (Has dim night sights)

But the truth is, I'll probably just trade / sell this gun eventually. I wasn't trying to get another .45. It just sorta happened.
    Last edited by Ron3; 08-05-19 at 23:42.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I just got one of these in a trade. Former LE gun I think.

My impressions:

Accurate
    DA trigger is terrible
    Smooth, thick trigger feels nice
    SA is fine
    Grip is way too smooth and gun was sliding around in my hands
    Grip angle and grip shape, while still a little blocky, better than Glock
    Mag release is probably better for me, but since it's the only gun I have with this style, I'm not sure it's a good idea
    Recoil is flippy. The S&W 2.0 .45 I had handled recoil better. But a big part of that was probably the very secure on the S&W and very slick grip on the HK
    Reliable, though I haven't tried any JHP's in it yet
    40 oz loaded
    The gripping surfaces do not wear well on them (same with Gen 1 and 2 Glocks). If it’s an LE gun, it wouldn’t surprise me if the gripframe is slick.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    The gripping surfaces do not wear well on them (same with Gen 1 and 2 Glocks). If it’s an LE gun, it wouldn’t surprise me if the gripframe is slick.
    I ordered some rubberized grip adhesives for it. I've had good luck with them on other guns. Ordered the plate that eliminates the manual safety, too.

Is there any truth to the 12 rnd mag springs getting weak quickly? Mine seem okay so far.

Also, do all the HK USP .45 mags have "for gov't / LE only" stamped in them? Because I don't like it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I ordered some rubberized grip adhesives for it. I've had good luck with them on other guns. Ordered the plate that eliminates the manual safety, too.

Is there any truth to the 12 rnd mag springs getting weak quickly? Mine seem okay so far.

Also, do all the HK USP .45 mags have "for gov't / LE only" stamped in them? Because I don't like it.
    I’ve never heard that about the mag springs. I suppose it could be possible, considering they got 12 rounds of .45 in the same space as 15 of 9mm.

You can get post-ban, “unmarked” USP .45 mags. Not sure how easy they are to find, since I haven’t owned one in a while. I did accidentally order one a few years ago for a HK45 and it wasn’t marked restricted.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast