Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 notes.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Totally agree on the recoil impulse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And everyone who thinks and tries LIKES the paddle release. There is ONLY one reason to prefer the dumb button - convention. The paddle (and the best is the Walther P99 long type) is superior. The paddle is one of those innovations that should have eliminated all others,but came too late.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    And everyone who thinks and tries LIKES the paddle release. There is ONLY one reason to prefer the dumb button - convention. The paddle (and the best is the Walther P99 long type) is superior. The paddle is one of those innovations that should have eliminated all others,but came too late.
    I absolutely agree. I picked up an M1 Walther PPQ a few years back because they are awesome little pistols AND because I wanted to try and trick my dad (who is a lefty) into liking the gun. The paddle releases are totally ambidextrous, easily manipulated, fast under pressure, and generally pretty awesome. Would that they were standard over the thumb button, and every pistol would be that much closer to ambidextrous design.

PS the gambit worked. After a few magazines, my dad said with a twinkle in his eye, "oohhh, I like this..." I maybe got the best factory strike trigger that maybe was set up to be factory ambidextrous because the gun is really nice... or maybe because I wanted him to like it. Sue me, dad! He plans on ordering a set of Dawson's for it (someday) after shooting my Glock 17 RTF2 that is setup with Dawson adjustables.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Agree on the paddles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Many (MANY) moons ago, I picked-up a mint, used USPf in 45 ACP for a very fair price---completely standard except for an ambi safety with "Compact" levers. I have larger hands and don't mind the size of this pistol. It's been 100% reliable with any ammo, and I can't seem to miss whatever I aim at! I was at a outdoor range with an expert shooting buddy shooting a steel plates at 40 yards offhand---round after round, no misses---he asked me what range it was sighted-in for, and I told him that I'd never shot it at a paper target (still haven't)---the pistol just hits EVERYTHING it's pointed at be it steel plates, tin cans, EVERYTHING! Very confidence inspiring...

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Guys,

I have gone a little nuts with these things. I have no idea why it took me so long to get into these things. I guess back when I was looking for the "perfect" carry gun I just thought they were too big. Either way, these USP .45s are tanks. I got a call from my dealer and he had another mint one for .$499 with Galco holster and 3 mags and dammit....

59503808756__C22AFF0F-75B6-41B7-8ADF-0912EB7E4FD3 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

HKParts finally got in a tactical barrel so I put one on it so I could run my Ti-rant. This is an amazing little blaster. ALSO, the Trijicon HDs are basically high enough so the top of the front sight is very slightly higher so you still see the front sight, but see the HD dot floating there. It is FAST and doesn't require suppressor sights which I hate.

IMG_8271 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Guys,

I have gone a little nuts with these things. I have no idea why it took me so long to get into these things. I guess back when I was looking for the "perfect" carry gun I just thought they were too big. Either way, these USP .45s are tanks. I got a call from my dealer and he had another mint one for .$499 with Galco holster and 3 mags and dammit....

59503808756__C22AFF0F-75B6-41B7-8ADF-0912EB7E4FD3 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

HKParts finally got in a tactical barrel so I put one on it so I could run my Ti-rant. This is an amazing little blaster. ALSO, the Trijicon HDs are basically high enough so the top of the front sight is very slightly higher so you still see the front sight, but see the HD dot floating there. It is FAST and doesn't require suppressor sights which I hate.

IMG_8271 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    I'll take that one off your hands if it gets too heavy. I ran into a pre owned basically NIB modified HK45 for $499 as well. It had been upgraded modified to kill the decocker and run it like a 1911. I put the short reset into it and its awesome. That gun also has some TFO sights installed. I will never shoot this gun to death.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    That price is affordable for me. I'd jump all over it....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Buddy's gun. Fun to shoot although he hadn't swapped the sights yet

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a USP45 that I like alot. It is an excellent shooting pistol. I was fortunate enough to pick up a bunch of new 12rd mags for it for cheap. I like the USP45 so much that I went out and bought a USP45 Tactical LE. They are my favorite .45acp pistols to shoot. Whenever I am exploring out in the desert, I have my USP45 on me.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast