Thread: Carry insurance

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Carry insurance

Does anyone in here use USCCA for carry insurance? Any others you recommend?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Probably get more response in the handgun forum.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The best carry insurance is a spare magazine.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use CCW safe. I haven’t needed it yet , but like the coverage. Zero out of pocket
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation."
    Ronald Wilson Reagan

Feedback Score
    I have had USCCA for several years. Never had to use it so can't comment on that. They will blow up your email account. They are in the business of selling services.
    With all that said their magazine is excellent. Good content and photos. They will even write stories about those old fashioned revolvers. For some of us the whole world does not revolve around the next shade of gray that Glock comes out with. I do like a good 1911 just too big to carry concealed for my current lifestyle.
    They do put out training videos on a regular basis that are aimed to regular citizens like me. If you have been in special forces or some kind of operator you probably will not get much from the videos. They are going after the market of folks have decided they need a CCW late in life. Again it is insurance and I don't have a half of a million sitting in the bank to hire a lawyer to protect me from some miscreant's family or an over zealous prosecutor. So until I quit traveling and just sit on my front porch I'll have CCW & car insurance. Just do your homework and study the plans.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have used USCCA for several years. If you CCW and don't have this type of insurance you are very likely to lose everything you have spent a lifetime working for and possibly your freedom on top of it should you end up in a deadly force encounter. They have a comprehensive selection of videos on their website and free ones on youtube. I find the best videos are from a criminal defense attorney and former prosecutor they have on staff. He has a 4 or 5 part series that explains what you should expect from start to finish should you have to defend your life. The monthly magazine they send me is geared towards the most novice of shooters it's of no use to me but still an added value for many. I did my research before choosing USCCA and I believe it has been a good choice. They have let me temporarily adjust my coverage to a higher level when I go out of state and gave me a free premium upgrade for being a veteran.

Feedback Score
    I have had Firearms Legal Protection for 3 or 4 years now. When I started with them they offered the best coverage for the price, I am grandfathered at the price I started at for life. They have almost doubled in cost since I started so I can't say if that still applies.

Make sure you check the coverage apples to apples.

Example: If you shoot somebody in your living room, who pays to clean up the mess you or them? Is your bail covered, is your firearm covered if the cops keep it?

Feedback Score
    I have USCCA for my wife and I. My wife rarely carries, but it covers a lot more than carry guns...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerMKII View Post
    I have had USCCA for several years. Never had to use it so can't comment on that. They will blow up your email account. They are in the business of selling services.
    With all that said their magazine is excellent. Good content and photos. They will even write stories about those old fashioned revolvers. For some of us the whole world does not revolve around the next shade of gray that Glock comes out with. I do like a good 1911 just too big to carry concealed for my current lifestyle.
    They do put out training videos on a regular basis that are aimed to regular citizens like me. If you have been in special forces or some kind of operator you probably will not get much from the videos. They are going after the market of folks have decided they need a CCW late in life. Again it is insurance and I don't have a half of a million sitting in the bank to hire a lawyer to protect me from some miscreant's family or an over zealous prosecutor. So until I quit traveling and just sit on my front porch I'll have CCW & car insurance. Just do your homework and study the plans.
    Pretty much agree with all of this.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you all very much. I went with Platinum coverage for my wife and I.