Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 notes.

Feedback Score
    One of my biggest regrets is trading off a USP45 many years ago when I was competing in league matches. There wasn’t a classification for service pistols vs target guns, so I traded it off. That USP got me my first top 3 finish in a centerfire pistol competition. I miss it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I found a surefire rail adapter locally (score!). I ordered a dg switch off eBay and swapped out the detent plate to make it decocker only. The detent plate takes less than a minute to swap so no one should pick a gun based on which version it has.

Feedback Score
    Hmmm..... a hybrid match LEM would be pretty slick in a USP45.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I found a surefire rail adapter locally (score!). I ordered a dg switch off eBay and swapped out the detent plate to make it decocker only. The detent plate takes less than a minute to swap so no one should pick a gun based on which version it has.
    Decocker Only ! Thats the real deal, didn't know you could do that. I know its a thing with the Berretta guns, as I did a G conversion. Much safer, much better.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    If 'gators' were roaming my neighborhood I would load the USP with 45 super.
    Rattlesnakes do live here and the CCI snake shot cycles very well in my HK45.
    USP .45 is a great pistol and I need one.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Decocker Only ! Thats the real deal, didn't know you could do that
    I always knew you could "in theory" because of the USP system. But I figured it would be some German Rube Goldberg mess requiring 5 specialty tools. Nope. Just get a $16 plate off HK parts, use something like a screwdriver to push in the retaining pin, slip out the old plate, slip in the new one, push the pin back over. Easier than just about anything gun related.

I love my 1911s, but I don't like position of the USP lever. Most folks who complain say they worry about it decocking under pressure. I don't care about accidental decocking, I start from a dropped hammer anyway. But something I have noticed when shooting USPs is there is a risk of actually activating the safety under pressure, especially while shooting at speed and transitioning between plates.

If 'gators' were roaming my neighborhood I would load the USP with 45 super.
    I won't lie, the ability to run .45 Super was in the back of my mind, although I haven't had any in 10 or so years.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    HKs are not horrible to work on. Complicated yes, but not horrible.

The USP LEM triggers are pretty great. I have a strong preference for TDA guns but a LEM trigger is pretty shootable and my preference for USPs. You’re doing yourself a disservice by not trying a LEM USP. I specifically say USP because the LEM in the USPs are better then the LEMs in the HK45 and P30. You can have some variation in the trigger pull on the LEMs with a swap of the trigger return spring. My preference is for a heavy trigger return spring and the match (lightest) hammer spring. This setup virtually eliminates the wall at the end of the trigger press allowing you to roll through smooth as silk.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I might down the road. I have years and years of experience with P2000 LEM and P30. I always liked them.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Forgot to mention the extended mag release is MANDATORY on the USPs

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Got my DG switch in the mail. Fits perfectly. Beside the bed blaster complete.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Christopher Columbus

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast