Thread: Do AR Pistol Lower Receiver Holes Take More of a Battering?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    On TOS there is a long thread on high round count AR's and it comes to light that the receiver holes on AR pistols eventually egg out more due to the more violent recoil impulse from a shorty barrel (under 14.5").
    I'd be more than impressed of someone on TOS wore out a semi auto lower reciever.

It's probably people just trying to justify their KNS purchase; which is a solution looking for a problem. The only time I have ever heard of lower recievers actually having this issue is when they are select fire, and have had multiple generations of boots behind them.

EDIT: And as other posters have pionted out: the .mil units that run mk18's on full auto (or burst at the minimuim) and do TONS of training before a deployment dont seem to point out this issue. I find that civilians often make a freak occurance into a normal problem without ever shooting a single round. Must be an internet thing. To really finish this all off; even if 10.5's did break parts more, how many rounds did you actually fire before anything broke? 5k, 10k, 20k, 50k (yes there are AR's with 50K on them)? If I was a civilian shooting THAT much ammo, I would just have a whole new gun sent out with the pallet. If I was in the .mil still, I would walk up to the armorer, and tell them: "shits broke, need new one".
    Last edited by turnburglar; 07-11-19 at 16:36.