Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cloudy finish post color fill.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you like it, that’s great. Most of this forum is going to be on a different sheet of music though. If I had paint on a surface that was cloudy, I would be worried about how well I prepped the surface. Then I would just put a second coat on if I were doing close up pics. In all likelihood, it’s fine and you are just staring at it up close...
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Damn I miss IG.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Wrong forum bro.
    Meh. Have you seen the G48 color thread?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input for those who gave advice. it was a rookie mistake. I’m new to ARs and was not looking for an IG show piece like um I didn’t know a cerecoted pink tool gun. I was simply adding a training aid in identifying “safe” and “fire” at a glance. My deepest apologies.

It does make me chuckle when asking for advice and the feedback is straight mockery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    That's SWAT Jesus telling you not to color fill your roll marks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by essray View Post
    I was simply adding a training aid in identifying “safe” and “fire” at a glance.
    You should spend a bit more time getting to know this function of your carbine by feel before heading out. It's not something you visually identify.

Feedback Score
    I was simply adding a training aid in identifying “safe” and “fire” at a glance.
    You shouldn’t be looking at it while shooting. The safety itself is a visual indicator by position if you administratively need to view it.

Day one of dry firing you’ll figure out the color won’t help you and is unnecessary. Day one of carbine training you’ll have it so ingrained you won’t ever need to see it again.

Nobody is mocking you, but you started a thread about cosmetics and created an excuse to justify it. Stick around and learn shooting and carbine maintenance.

Feedback Score
    Truth.

Never have redundancies. Measure once, cut once. Never spell check. One look in the rear view mirror and you are good.

Ha! Have a great day guys

Feedback Score
    Truth.

Never have redundancies. Measure once, cut once. Never spell check. One look in the rear view mirror and you are good.

Ha! Have a great day guys

I’m not sure how painting your safety amounts to a redundancy, but you do you, boo boo.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Safeties are redundancies. Don’t want to fire a round off? Don’t pull the trigger. Really don’t want to fire a round off? Put the safety on.

Knowing if your safety is on is accomplished by training with your gun. One I was taught is once you make a cheekweld, your safety comes off. Once you break cheek weld the safety goes back on. Reading the side of the gun is a training scar.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast