G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Custom 14.5 AR Precision Build - CLE, FCD, SOLGW, KAC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    634
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

    Custom 14.5 AR Precision Build - CLE, FCD, SOLGW, KAC

    Whats up guys, Just wanted to share a new build that I will be putting together. I'm trying to push a 14.5 length barrel to its max potential with a suppressor while maintaining sub moa 10 round group accuracy. Below are the specs for the build which should be completed in the next 2 weeks or so depending on my work schedule haha.

    Upper
    Forward Controls Design V2 Upper Receiver with their ejection port cover and low drag forward assist (really excited to try out this upper with their new vent feature for suppressed use)

    ^^^^^ this got swapped out for a zev upper as the barrel fit on the receiver was loose.

    Compass Lake Engineering custom spun krienger SPR profile blank in 14.5in, intermediate gas system speced specifically for suppressed use, 1-7.7 twist, fluted, and chambered in their CLE match chamber
    CLE intermediate gas tube and gas block
    Forward Controls Design Carrier with matched/head spaced bolt from CLE
    KAC 13in URX 4 M Lok Rail
    Badger Ambi charging handle
    KAC Flash Hider for KAC qdc suppressor

    Lower
    SOLGW Loyal Nine Stripped Lower
    Forward Controls design enhanced lower parts kit with all of their extended mag release and catch goodies
    FCD Castle nut and end plate
    Geissele SD-E trigger
    V7 Weapon works A5 receiver tube
    Spinco green spring
    a5 buffer tbd
    magpul STR
    ergo tactical deluxe grip

    Here she is in all her glory! I will be doing a test fire, barrel break in, and zero session tomorrow.
    2051BF77-0331-46DB-87CC-522880E65D09.jpg

    I will post updates in this thread as well as final proof groups once I get this bad boy completed. It will have a leupold mk5 3.6-18, badger enhanced harris bipod, offset T2, and KAC QDC Suppressor.
    Last edited by Furbyballer; 08-10-19 at 18:02.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    17
    Feedback Score
    0
    Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mid-West, USA
    Posts
    1,703
    Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Interested in how the barrel performs and what ammo it likes. A 20" Kreiger barrel is on my wish list for a "someday" precision build.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,325
    Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Sounds like an all out build, look forward to some photos.
    E pluribus unum

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    634
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Interested in how the barrel performs and what ammo it likes. A 20" Kreiger barrel is on my wish list for a "someday" precision build.
    I hope it likes the heavier rounds, and in particular 77 tmks. I have a couple large batches of my favorite factory precision ammo and which ever ammo the barrel likes, that will become the zero constant ammo from the same batch so I can track group size through the life of the barrel.

    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Sounds like an all out build, look forward to some photos.
    Yup, that was the idea. I had most of the components show up yesterday. I'm just waiting for my FCD order, my lower to show up at my FFL, and my barrel to arrive from CLE.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    695
    Feedback Score
    0
    That is one fine build.

    Parts list looks great, smart thought out choices.

    Looking forward to the results

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    501
    Feedback Score
    0
    Depending on the barrel profile, that is going to be heavy! But, badass.

    I've always wanted to try out a fully FCD'd rifle. Their design philosophy reads and appears to be incredibly well thought out... Currently, the only modified stuff on my lowers are Seekins short throw ambi safeties (they are tha shizzy, mah bizzies) and G triggers.

    I am curious to see the barrel before installation, and to find out what kinds of groups you get out of it. And, once you find a load, the recipe.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    634
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    Depending on the barrel profile, that is going to be heavy! But, badass.

    I've always wanted to try out a fully FCD'd rifle. Their design philosophy reads and appears to be incredibly well thought out... Currently, the only modified stuff on my lowers are Seekins short throw ambi safeties (they are tha shizzy, mah bizzies) and G triggers.

    I am curious to see the barrel before installation, and to find out what kinds of groups you get out of it. And, once you find a load, the recipe.
    Barrel should be less than 30oz more like 28 according to CLE due to the fluting and not going with the AEM collar.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    576
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Barrel should be less than 30oz more like 28 according to CLE due to the fluting and not going with the AEM collar.
    We really need some pix of your build!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    634
    Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    We really need some pix of your build!
    I hope to have all of the parts in one place next week. I expect I will have updates at that time. All parts have been ordered and most of them have arrived. Just waiting on the last key parts to arrive before the build starts.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •