Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Custom 14.5 AR Precision Build - CLE, FCD, SOLGW, KAC

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Another place to check out for a precision barrel is Precision Firearms. Mark uses Bartlein or Krieger blanks for his high-end barrels and uppers. He's building me an 18" 6.5G upper around a Krieger. LRRPF52 here on our forum pointed me to PF as a top option for a precision 6.5G upper. Still waiting for mine, but Mark's builds have a pretty stellar reputation for accuracy.
    CL turned my custom barrel order around in a month. I was incredibly impressed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    CL turned my custom barrel order around in a month. I was incredibly impressed.
    That is good to hear. I'm eventually going to assemble a precision upper--and the 3 top candidates for the barrel are CL, Craddock, and PF.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Fiocchi 77grain 223 otm. It has become my best performing factory round under $1/round.
    Have you compared this to the IMI 77gr?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    In my experience, the MT 77 shoots about the same as the IMI. Slightly better from some barrels, not quite as good from others. I've shot about 4k rounds of the IMI 77 load. The MT is a bit cheaper, and runs +/- 50 fps faster from a 16" barrel. Yes, faster than the IMI over my chrono. Neither load is a slouch in the velocity dept.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    In my experience, the MT 77 shoots about the same as the IMI. Slightly better from some barrels, not quite as good from others. I've shot about 4k rounds of the IMI 77 load. The MT is a bit cheaper, and runs +/- 50 fps faster from a 16" barrel. Yes, faster than the IMI over my chrono. Neither load is a slouch in the velocity dept.
    your experience mirrors my own with accuracy going to imi by a touch

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345