Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Form 4 E-File...and news?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    I think BigWaylon is saying that you could withdraw (cancel) the paper form and then refile for the same item using eForms. Since your paper form is just sitting around for most of the wait there's no negative to cancelling it early if the option to use eForms becomes available.
    Yes. You wouldn’t even have to withdraw it first. Immediately eFile, then wait and see what happens. If there’s a fast electronic approval, submit the withdrawal request.

And it’s nothing special about paper and EForms. Not sure why you would, but you could paper file the same form multiple times. The first one to get through would get approved, and the other would be rejected or an error letter sent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Yes. You wouldn’t even have to withdraw it first. Immediately eFile, then wait and see what happens. If there’s a fast electronic approval, submit the withdrawal request.

And it’s nothing special about paper and EForms. Not sure why you would, but you could paper file the same form multiple times. The first one to get through would get approved, and the other would be rejected or an error letter sent.
    With my luck it would F up something .....
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Can you use your paper form 4 finger prints that are already sitting there for your efile form 1? Or do you need to send another set in if you cancel and go efile?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by A556Nato View Post
    Can you use your paper form 4 finger prints that are already sitting there for your efile form 1? Or do you need to send another set in if you cancel and go efile?
    I’d say new ones. I don’t know at what point in time the ATF sends those cards to the FBI, and have zero idea how long it would take for them to get them back to you.

Just another reason it’s nice to have a pad and blank cards at home, and roll your own anytime you need to.

Feedback Score
    Uggh. Why does this one site keep duplicating posts.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 07-24-19 at 07:19.

Feedback Score
    Well I guess this isn’t coming by fall 2019
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    I was just talking to a friend about this yesterday. The day Form 4's can be e-filed will definitely be the day I buy a suppressor(s).

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by battlestage View Post
    I was just talking to a friend about this yesterday. The day Form 4's can be e-filed will definitely be the day I buy a suppressor(s).
    Just buy one. The wait isn't that bad. Or go Form 1 and do it yourself. I've done two Form 1's and two Form 4s. I have plans to do more of both.

The time you're waiting to e-file, is time you could already own one.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoneOne View Post
    Just buy one. The wait isn't that bad. Or go Form 1 and do it yourself. I've done two Form 1's and two Form 4s. I have plans to do more of both.

The time you're waiting to e-file, is time you could already own one.
    It's still 9-12 months. That sucks. I can understand why people don't, even if they should.

Feedback Score
    Side Q: If my SOT doesn't do eFile, is there a way I can do this myself?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Saiga S12 is my new Homeland Defense weapon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast