Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leupold RDS

Feedback Score

Leupold RDS

Any body have any thing new on the Leupold Red dot sight? Wondering about what others think that have bought or tried one out.
    Thanks, 5shank

Feedback Score
    I would have never guessed how hard it was to get info on a Leupold product, must not be selling?

Feedback Score
    I know one guy who got one for T&E who likes it a lot in comparison to other optics in the price range.

Feedback Score
    Your the first person to reply on this thread and I've posted it on other forums as well, must not be catching on very well. Might have to wait a bit longer for others to try one out?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I have a Leupold Deltapoint Pro I put on a .22 (Marvel) conversion 1911.

It's a nice unit, but not what I'd consider "duty grade".
    I like the battery change without having to remove the unit feature.

Feedback Score
    I guess the OP might clarify which RDS he’s asking about? The LCO, Delta Point Pro, or the new Freedom RDS?

My buddy has the new Freedom on T&E and has had favorable things to say about it.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A friend has an LCO and says it's fine, but honestly I don't know what its does that you can't get with an Aimpoint or new Eotech.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    A friend has an LCO and says it's fine, but honestly I don't know what its does that you can't get with an Aimpoint or new Eotech.
    EOTechs don’t work, not often enough. Aimpoints have tinting, but the LCO is true color. I really like the LCO, but I’m not selling any aimpoints to buy more LCOs.

The LCO has the best sight picture, built in mount, crisp tiny dot, awesome uncapped adjustments that you can feel clicking. It’s a great sight, but I don’t know if it’s better overall than an aimpoint.
    .25 Lorcin w/ comp and red dot AIWB and a 9mm Calico folder as primary

Feedback Score
    Guy's made a good point, should have said the Freedom RDS. With that said not a lot of info out in the wild on these units.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    Guy's made a good point, should have said the Freedom RDS. With that said not a lot of info out in the wild on these units.
    I looked at the Leupold Freedom RDS recently. I have a Leupold Prismatic which this seems to replace. The Prismatic had an etched reticle with a removeable reticle illuminator. It was a fast sight to use but not as fast as a red dot because it was not a true 1X and it could not be co witnessed with BUIS because it used a prism lense. It had parallax so if you moved your head from side to side you would lose the sight picture just as you would looking through any magnified optic. I have not researched this new optic but from my brief experience it seemed to function and feel exactly like the old Prismatic but with a red dot rather than etched reticle. When I held it I experienced the same reticle shift as I did with the Prismatic. About a week after this I was at a different gunshop when an old guy came in wanting to get his "new Leupold AR optic" fixed. From what he was describing it sounded like a Freedom RDS. He didn't seem to know what he was talking about and why he would go to the Gunshop when Leupolds headquarters was less than 20 minutes away seemed pointless but he had a problem with it. For the price point I think you would be way better off getting something else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast