Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Iranian RGC tried to seize British vessel

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Iranian RGC tried to seize British vessel

Just being reported now apparently a British ship was in the area and the IRGC boats exited stage left.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/irania...-official-says
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Really is amazing they continue to poke the bear...especially in this case with a country across the pond & their desire in wanting to keep some in europe at the dance with the current agreement we bailed on. Not gonna pretend to get in their head, but can't see where Iran wins with this action / positive outcome. Gotta wonder what the angle is pissing off the super powers & where Russia sits in all this.

Seems like it's only a matter of time before getting ugly?? Tick-tock.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think one thing is they (Iran) think the West is soft and will capitulate to try and avoid conflict. That is what they are used to -- especially during Obama (but also earlier).
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This kind of crap is the only form of diplomacy Iran knows.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Really is amazing they continue to poke the bear...especially in this case with a country across the pond & their desire in wanting to keep some in europe at the dance with the current agreement we bailed on. Not gonna pretend to get in their head, but can't see where Iran wins with this action / positive outcome. Gotta wonder what the angle is pissing off the super powers & where Russia sits in all this.

Seems like it's only a matter of time before getting ugly?? Tick-tock.
    I don't think you can accurately call Iran a "they". It seems to me that the most powerful/influential branch of their armed forces is taking its cues from outside the "elected" government (and, surprisingly, Iranian elections have generally been considered fair). This is the theocratic part of their government talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    This kind of crap is the only form of diplomacy Iran knows.
    It's certainly the only form of diplomacy the Ayatollah and IRGC know. They have at least a few competent statesman/diplomats, but they don't have the power or influence to sway the theocracy. I imagine they go into work everyday thinking, "I wonder what crazy shit is going to happen next."

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Our cousins on the other side of the pond have less restrictive ROEs than we do. I can see why Iran is effing with us, but the limeys, it's a different kettle of fish.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Our cousins on the other side of the pond have less restrictive ROEs than we do. I can see why Iran is effing with us, but the limeys, it's a different kettle of fish.
    Pretty much everyone has less restrictive ROEs than us. That's why, despite being the most power nation in the world, countries still aren't afraid to f**k with us. They know that if there's even a hint of gray area in whatever action is taken, at least one of the servicemen involved is going to be looking at a charge that'll get him a dismissal or dishonorable discharge if he's convicted. Every other country says that it's war, it's messy, it's rarely by the book, and shit happens. Also, other countries say, "You attack us, that's war, and we're coming to f**k you up,".

The U.S.? The 9/11 response is WAY back in the rear view mirror, and Pearl Harbor is older than the Pyramids. Iran could land an infantry division on U.S. soil, bomb New York and DC, and Congress's response would be committee meetings discussing what to do about this. The Democrats would insist that we need a "peaceful end" to this, and the military response should not be on the table. Trump would ignore this, order our military to push the Iranian invasion into the sea, and immediately, an Obama-appointed federal judge would overrule the president and order an injunction on the military response, claiming that it's unconstitutional.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Sad but true
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Pretty much everyone has less restrictive ROEs than us. That's why, despite being the most power nation in the world, countries still aren't afraid to f**k with us. They know that if there's even a hint of gray area in whatever action is taken, at least one of the servicemen involved is going to be looking at a charge that'll get him a dismissal or dishonorable discharge if he's convicted. Every other country says that it's war, it's messy, it's rarely by the book, and shit happens. Also, other countries say, "You attack us, that's war, and we're coming to f**k you up,".

The U.S.? The 9/11 response is WAY back in the rear view mirror, and Pearl Harbor is older than the Pyramids. Iran could land an infantry division on U.S. soil, bomb New York and DC, and Congress's response would be committee meetings discussing what to do about this. The Democrats would insist that we need a "peaceful end" to this, and the military response should not be on the table. Trump would ignore this, order our military to push the Iranian invasion into the sea, and immediately, an Obama-appointed federal judge would overrule the president and order an injunction on the military response, claiming that it's unconstitutional.

Feedback Score
    History seems to be repeating itself again and again in that area of the World....it never ends. Regarding ROE, it wasn't always so tight. Do some reading on Operation Prime Chance. Any Iranian boat dumping a mine over the side would have the hell strafed out of it with the mini-gun followed by a measured application of flechette sporting Hydra 70's.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    We didn't play during Praying Mantis either.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast