Thread: Glock Mag Block Update

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Glock Mag Block Update

What is the prefered 9mm Glock mag conversion block? Shooting my 5.56 pistol has me wanting to build a short 9mm AR as well for range/general shooting.

I know Stern makes a mag block that has good feedback from users, and there is a Torqmag adapter that requires mag modification.

Are there other mag blocks I should look at?

I would prefer a mag block to a dedicated upper. Using a single pistol and/or registered SBR lower for both 5.56 upper, and 9mm seems desirable.

I run a Glock 9mm and have a large stash of mags for it, so I do not wish to pursue a Colt mag style build.

Thank you

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Torkmag G-block will get the job done, but takes a little more time to put in and take out. Built about 5 that run it and you just have to make a small notch on a mag to use it.

The Stern Defense at 3x the price of the Torkmag is great, just slides in and out. Fast changes back & forth between calibers...

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Stern Defense has been flawless in 5 lowers/"builds".

A great unit, but you'll find yourself punching the mag release on your lower- which doesn't release mags with this unit.
    The Stern is probably ideal for a "lefty" with the the mag release located where it is on the block.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I know you said you wanted a mag well block but have you considered an Endomag. This way all you need is an 9mm upper and a 9mm buffer.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobojoe View Post
    I know you said you wanted a mag well block but have you considered an Endomag. This way all you need is an 9mm upper and a 9mm buffer.
    Thank you, everyone for your responses.

I have considered the Endomag and I lIke the concept but the idea of paying $30 ea for the Endomag is a little hard for me to swallow. 4 Endomags and I have paid for a mag block. I also have a lot (20+) of Glock 17 mags and four 33rd mags.

I have assembled an 11" 9mm upper, but the project is on hold for a bit. It gives me a little more time to consider alternatives I guess.

Andy