Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here have experience with the polish WBP Fox AKs?

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)

Does anyone here have experience with the polish WBP Fox AKs?

I have been thinking about purchasing another AK in 7.62 and from looking at what is available I came across these polish aks on Atlantic's website and judging from the info they give on them they seem to be well built. They are made by WBP Rogow in Poland with parts made in the Radom factory which from what I have read has a lot of history in making AK47s. The most important facts off the top are all brand new parts and a CHF chrome lined barrel. At the moment they are not available but I am curious if anyone here has any experience with them and how they compare to other AKs on the market. My other choice is an SLR 107-R.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/pro...k47-rifle-plum

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by black22rifle View Post
    I have been thinking about purchasing another AK in 7.62 and from looking at what is available I came across these polish aks on Atlantic's website and judging from the info they give on them they seem to be well built. They are made by WBP Rogow in Poland with parts made in the Radom factory which from what I have read has a lot of history in making AK47s. The most important facts off the top are all brand new parts and a CHF chrome lined barrel. At the moment they are not available but I am curious if anyone here has any experience with them and how they compare to other AKs on the market. My other choice is an SLR 107-R.

Radom factory is not the same factory that made AKs during the Soviet era. That factory has closed long long ago and has moved. It's now called FB Fabryka Broni Łucznik. The current Radom factory is like the US version of Springfield Armory. Name was once a gov armory, now a private company with no ties to the old name. Except in this case it's less Springfield and more HiPoint

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Radom factory is not the same factory that made AKs during the Soviet era. That factory has closed long long ago and has moved. It's now called FB Fabryka Broni Łucznik. The current Radom factory is like the US version of Springfield Armory. Name was once a gov armory, now a private company with no ties to the old name. Except in this case it's less Springfield and more HiPoint
    Ahh, I didn't know that, thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ahh, I didn't know that, thanks.
    All those weird polish AKs like the Hellcat, or Hellpup ... whatever...that came from Royal Tiger Imports and I.O Inc were made at Radom.

Feedback Score
    From what I understand, WBP Rogow uses the machines purchased from the old shut down Radom factory. Fabryka Broni is the newer military manufacturer that uses high end equipment while WBP is more commercial export sales. They even export full auto rifles for government use from WBP. I'd say they build a decent product but would like to see some more reviews.

Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 12-29-18 at 16:49.

Feedback Score
    I want that barrel pin drilling setup. They need to send the barrel component aligning fixtures to Arsenal, NV. It's interesting that they check the headspace with the extractor installed.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I researched them a bit when I was considering getting back in to the AK game - seems to be some conjecture as to the quality of the carrier (the tail, specifically). As Arik pointed out with his good analogy, Radom guns now are more of a Springfield Armory-type in that they took the name (not sure as to the equipment). To me, they seem a notch below an SLR, but probably a step above a WASR if you're buying it through Atlantic. If price is roughly the same, I'd go with an Arsenal.

Feedback Score
    I have no experience with the WPB Fox AK's, but if the price is the same I'd definitely go with them over Arsenal. Based on my experience with several rifles, Arsenal's quality is very hit or miss. As if that's not bad enough, their customer services is as bad as it gets. If you were to purchase through Atlantic you'd be dealing with a company that has a good reputation for backing up what they sell. Sorry sundance435, I'm not trying to discredit your opinion. It's just that my experience had led me to a different one.
    Last edited by Bret; 01-02-19 at 12:44.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I have no experience with the WPB Fox AK's, but if the price is the same I'd definitely go with them over Arsenal. Based on my experience with several rifles, Arsenal's quality is very hit or miss. As if that's not bad enough, their customer services is as bad as it gets. If you were to purchase through Atlantic you'd be dealing with a company that has a good reputation for backing up what they sell. Sorry sundance435, I'm not trying to discredit your opinion. It's just that my experience had led me to a different one.
    No worries - I've never bought an Arsenal (sample size of 2) I couldn't at least get pictures of beforehand because of horror stories and you're right about buying from Atlantic in that it's a little more peace of mind. I don't think Arsenal AKs are the greatest, but it's a known quantity, and when they're good they're about as good as we can get out of a factory AKM. As far as I know, stamped Arsenal AKs are still made by the very same people, on the same machines, as those getting exported for military contracts (other than Russian). The problems one finds with them are usually due to the monkeying by Arsenal that's necessary after import.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I don't think Arsenal AKs are the greatest, but it's a known quantity, and when they're good they're about as good as we can get out of a factory AKM.
    I think that where Arsenal shines is with the configurations that they offer. No other company offers such a variety of desirable configurations and chamberings.

As far as I know, stamped Arsenal AKs are still made by the very same people, on the same machines, as those getting exported for military contracts (other than Russian). The problems one finds with them are usually due to the monkeying by Arsenal that's necessary after import.
    Agreed. The only thing that I'd clarify is that the stamped receivers for 5.56x45 and 7.62x39 rifles are only a creation for the US market. The military full autos they sell only have milled receivers. They did make 5.45x39 stamped receiver military rifles, but they appear to be out of production.
    http://www.arsenal-bg.com/c/assault-rifles-24

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast