G&R Tactical
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why Running (Still) Sucks...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    I think the only way it makes sense to do really long distance running at all is if you're training for races of that type. Almost everybody else should be doing a different type of training, IMHO.
    Yeah, I agree. Running a marathon or half-marathon needs to be looked at as VERY sport specific and not a method for general fitness. If running doesn't appeal to you, then please go do something else. You don't have to run. I'm just sick AF of non-runners bitching about running. They literally talk more about running than runners.

With the Jack Daniels running plans, I found that they have a lot of low pace easy runs. I'd much rather take a rest from running (the junk miles) and do strength training as I think this will yield a more balanced level of fitness. I fully understand the benefit to running economy in easy pace runs but there's better ways to work that it without junk miles IMO.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    I think the only way it makes sense to do really long distance running at all is if you're training for races of that type. Almost everybody else should be doing a different type of training, IMHO.
    I agree. Anything past 20-25 min of running is getting into the realm of sport specific. If you want to run, then go run. If you want to play tennis, then go play tennis.

What equal in the level of nonsense to everyone having some BS notion that they should run, but if they are bad at it or incapable, trash talk running, is the idea that you need to be able to deadlift a house etc.

To do what? "Be the strongest manager at the Verizon store?" I think about Iliza Shlesinger's stand-up routine and that line every time I see people beating themselves up chasing workouts for the sake of vanity.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234