I’ve almost fully transitioned from Aimpoints to LPVOs. The growth was very slow starting several years ago, but it got exponentially faster. A few things made me see the light over the past few years: Watching Jack Leuba destroy two entire squads of guys in a 2 gun match while using a NF 1-4, DocSherm having almost nothing but LPVOs, and me running the MNQ with a T1 vs Vortex 1-6 next to Firefly, RobertTheTexan, and Noonesshowmonkey (wow I’ve met quite a few M4Cers)

Anyway, I want to be able to quantify my abilities with the LPVO vs the Aimpoint. I can quantify weight and size. The LPVOs are in some cases a full pound heavier than the T2 series. I just switched from the Vortex 1-6 (a great optic) to the NF 1-8 to save about 6oz and gain 2x power. The size matters when putting guns in cubby holes to shoot out of barricades and the weight matters when shooting offhand. I think that the 8x magnification more than makes up for any shortcomings with these two factors, but what I’m not sold on is how much slower I am with splits and such. So, I’m looking for drill ideas.

I ran the MNQ using a T1 in approximately 24 seconds clean (score of -2 under par), and with the Vortex 1-6 I ran it in 24.96sec with 1 miss for a total score of 2 over par.

I’d like to do some drills where I shoot at an ipsc at 100y within 1 sec from the low ready. I can do this easily with a T1 but I’m looking at other drill ideas to test the validity of the theory that a LPVO is “worth” it.

Hope this makes sense.