Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My latest - M4A1 SOPMOD Block II Build

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Looking at your spec sheet, is the barrel a BCM SOCOM profile barrel, or govt. profile M4 barrel? Sorry, just trying to get clarification. If it is a BCM SOCOM profile barrel, how do you like it? I have 3 SOCOM barrels, but they are all Colt. Just wondering if there is a difference in performance between the two.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got it out to the range this morning. It shoots very nicely. Sighted it in at 50 yards, then shot it out to 110 yards. This thing is definitely a keeper.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    But it’s not Colt...Blasphemer!
    Looks great!
    I just started Down this Block 2 road last month myself.
    I tried to build one with a black RIS2 on an LMT Upper/Barrel/BCG.
    It was beautiful!... Looked better than the real thing IMO, and shot like a dream.
    Less than a week later I was on TOS and found a RIS2 FDE for $200 and less than a month later, the LMT “Black2” as I dubbed it, was Traded/sold for a NOS Eotech SU231/PEQ + cash for more parts.. and today I’m a Surefire M600 away from completing a mostly correct Block2 FSP... Cloner OCD is a beeotch!

Geissele Maritime bolt catch, Magpul Trigger Guard, and SiCo ASR 3 prong are my only real non correct parts that will stay. ASR is a must for my Can.
    Tanadized RE is a colt 4 position so it’s accurate enough, and the safety is temporary until I get a Colt ambi. KAC micro is debatable.
    Only other changes will be to add more tan/FDE/Coyote to give it some flavor...a Coyote Sopmod, FDE Gasbuster, and a tan Grip....eventual additions of tan G33 Magnifier , and a PEQ15 after I get nods.
    Maybe someday I’ll get a SF can and then I can switch to the correct 4 prong, but that’s an “I won the lottery” scenario.
    Sooo many other builds between here and there and so little $$.
    Last edited by Mygrainman; 07-25-19 at 06:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygrainman View Post
    But it’s not Colt...Blasphemer!
    Looks great!
    I just started Down this Block 2 road last month myself.
    I tried to build one with a black RIS2 on an LMT Upper/Barrel/BCG.
    It was beautiful!... Looked better than the real thing IMO, and shot like a dream.
    Less than a week later I was on TOS and found a RIS2 FDE for $200 and less than a month later, the LMT “Black2” as I dubbed it, was Traded/sold for a NOS Eotech SU231/PEQ + cash for more parts.. and today I’m a Surefire M600 away from completing a mostly correct Block2 FSP... Cloner OCD is a beeotch!

Geissele Maritime bolt catch, Magpul Trigger Guard, and SiCo ASR 3 prong are my only real non correct parts that will stay. ASR is a must for my Can.
    Tanadized RE is a colt 4 position so it’s accurate enough, and the safety is temporary until I get a Colt ambi. KAC micro is debatable.
    Only other changes will be to add more tan/FDE/Coyote to give it some flavor...a Coyote Sopmod, FDE Gasbuster, and a tan Grip....eventual additions of tan G33 Magnifier , and a PEQ15 after I get nods.
    Maybe someday I’ll get a SF can and then I can switch to the correct 4 prong, but that’s an “I won the lottery” scenario.
    Sooo many other builds between here and there and so little $$.
    Looks good.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I LIKE!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12