Thread: DD M4 Firing Pin

Feedback Score

DD M4 Firing Pin

I'd like to have a spare firing pin for my Daniel Defense M4. I can't seem to find a DD brand firing pin, but there are many others; DPMS, CMMG, Bravo Company, etc. I'm thinking it doesn't matter, as long as I buy a good quality one from a name brand manufacturer. That said, I have a DPMS FP that seems just a tad bit shorter than the DD OEM version. Any recommendations or advice would help.

Charlie

Feedback Score
    Buy a Colt from Brownells.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cthiel@comcast.net View Post
    I have a DPMS FP that seems just a tad bit shorter than the DD OEM version.
    Parts is parts, what could go wrong? If you want the DD part, call DD. I'd just order a Colt piece from Brownell's though. Likely cheaper and faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    This is the simplest solution. Nothing magic about a DD firing pin to where you'd need OEM. And I doubt the firing pin is an in house production item anyway.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    If you're not in a hurry, get on their mailing list. I've seen coupon codes recently for free shipping with no minimum order. Ideal for stuff like this.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you're not in a hurry, get on their mailing list. I've seen coupon codes recently for free shipping with no minimum order. Ideal for stuff like this.
    ^^^^ I get all my small parts from Brownells on the free shipping/no minimum days. Colt firing pins are less than $10 so buy a couple or 3 for the toolbox.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Consider also Sionics and BCM. I think Sionics has them for $7. Have you already bought spare extractors and springs? What about other spare parts.

Sidebar: I just wasted a bunch of time putting various ammo in my Brownells cart. Even after applying the relevant discount codes, I can’t find any ammo I want at prices less than local. Not really a gripe, so much as a realization that I am fortunate to live somewhere with good ammo prices.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Don't forget G&R Tatical, they are another good resource for Colt parts.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone. I ordered a colt from Brownells. I've ordered other parts from them in the past. Good service.

Charlie