Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Narrowing down which 9mm PCC to buy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by klc4622 View Post
    And your point is....? I am well rehearsed on ballistics more than I want to elaborate. Basically, a pistol round sucks compared to a rifle round and if that was your point I agree. Granted I did veer off course in regards to the topic. If you are trying to tell me the 9mm is just as effective as the .40 we will never agree but that is ok. I say you use what you choose and I will do the same. I am not here to stir up the 9vs40 debate I was stating a fact of what is occurring on the battlefield and why the Military is taking a closer look at the .40 not as a sub round specifically a sidearm round. Personally I do not know a police officer that uses the 9mm around here. Now that HK has dropped prices and you no longer need a loan to buy one, you are more likely to see them carry either the VP40 or P30L and the P30 in .40. But you just sent me a link without looking at my occupation since 1984.
    Yes. A pistol round sucks compared to a rifle round.
    I'm not telling you the 9 is as effective as the 40. The FBI is. And science. Energy = mass x velocity squared. 9mm has higher velocity so they quality 9mm defense rounds produce about the same kinetic energy of a .40 round. You must also factor in capacity and recoil for follow up shots.
    The reason you probably don't know a police officer in your area that uses the 9mm is likely because their departments are behind in upgrading their service pistol to 9mm like most other departments.

If you scroll up slightly, you will see I just ordered a PCC yesterday so I'll be shooting 9mm for the foreseeable future.

Feedback Score
    Everything you said was true. I don't hate the 9mm at all, I really don't. The downside to going to the .40 is simple, recoil, target re-acquisition. That is why it is important to purchase a pistol that handles the recoil and the only one that delivers are HK's. They don't make a one size fits all, the .40 cals are going to have a thicker slide heftier recoil spring. This has nothing to do with what you are going after and like I said I veer ed off your main point. A pistol Cal Carbine in 9mm is a game changer even if using as a SBR. MP5SSD is still awesome, the UMP 9 is still deadly as hell so we are not actually disagreeing here with your intended application and anyone who tells you that you are wrong with your new PCC doesn't know jack crap. The police departments around here are not behind in procurement, they are actually changing from the 9 to the .40 and most are either getting a Sig or HK P and VP series now that prices have dropped. Of course there are some smaller departments who have to actually purchase their own equipment which is rather sad doing what they do day in and day out. When you get a chance post a pic of your new PCC, I would like to see it....ok I am always willing to look at guns! lol Have a good one!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ND Please remove...
    Last edited by boomer223; 08-13-19 at 14:03.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I got my FM9 with a 7” barrel with trilug. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but it sure feels very nice in terms of fit and finish.

For the price you can’t go wrong. The features exceed $1400+ options.

FM-Products have great customer service from what I’ve read so if there’s an issue, I’m confident they will take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    My two FM pistols. Flawless.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Thnx, guys. That does look handsome and handy. Don't need another PCC right now, but that does look like great value for the money. Realize that poly is the future, but it's nice to see an actual metal gun.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    Has anyone shot both the 5 and 7 inch Foxtrot Mike and able to provide comparison? Obviously the 7 inch has a side charging handle and the 5 inch has more traditional charging handle. Curious which you prefer?
    I chose the 5" traditional charging model, in part because I wanted to maintain control familiarity / muscle memory across all of my AR's.

FYI - They also have a 7" tri-lug barrel / 5" hand guard upper with traditional charging as well. (@prmax's top photo - Probably my next venture)
    Last edited by boomer223; 08-04-19 at 11:17.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4t5acp@gmail.com View Post
    I chose the 5" traditional charging model, in part because I wanted to maintain control familiarity / muscle memory across all of my AR's.

FYI - They also have a 7" tri-lug barrel / 5" hand guard upper with traditional charging as well. (@prmax's top photo - Probably my next venture)
    I get the feeling I'll have so much fun with the 7" I just ordered that I may have to get a 5" as well.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    I finally took mine out. This is the future(?) https://www.extarusa.com/ep9.htm Left hand charging handle. 4.1lbs. I love it! I have 2 PSA's, and a home built 16" .40.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Got my Foxtrot Mike with side charging handle all sorted today and going to the range tomorrow. One thing I noticed is it is very hard to charge. I lubed the bolt liberally, but still very stiff.

Anyone else who chimed in that has a FM with side charging handle also experience this? If so, what solved it?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast