Quote Originally Posted by klc4622 View Post
And your point is....? I am well rehearsed on ballistics more than I want to elaborate. Basically, a pistol round sucks compared to a rifle round and if that was your point I agree. Granted I did veer off course in regards to the topic. If you are trying to tell me the 9mm is just as effective as the .40 we will never agree but that is ok. I say you use what you choose and I will do the same. I am not here to stir up the 9vs40 debate I was stating a fact of what is occurring on the battlefield and why the Military is taking a closer look at the .40 not as a sub round specifically a sidearm round. Personally I do not know a police officer that uses the 9mm around here. Now that HK has dropped prices and you no longer need a loan to buy one, you are more likely to see them carry either the VP40 or P30L and the P30 in .40. But you just sent me a link without looking at my occupation since 1984.
Yes. A pistol round sucks compared to a rifle round.
I'm not telling you the 9 is as effective as the 40. The FBI is. And science. Energy = mass x velocity squared. 9mm has higher velocity so they quality 9mm defense rounds produce about the same kinetic energy of a .40 round. You must also factor in capacity and recoil for follow up shots.
The reason you probably don't know a police officer in your area that uses the 9mm is likely because their departments are behind in upgrading their service pistol to 9mm like most other departments.

If you scroll up slightly, you will see I just ordered a PCC yesterday so I'll be shooting 9mm for the foreseeable future.