Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Narrowing down which 9mm PCC to buy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Narrowing down which 9mm PCC to buy

We're all seeing more and more of these at the range, and I also shoot competitions from time to time and the PCC class is booming. I'm jealous of your toys. This would mostly be range toy and shoot a match from time to time.

I think I've narrowed it down to 4 based on price and features and wanted thoughts from those of you that have shot these. I refuse to buy the Sig MPX based on overall price and the ridiculous cost of mags. The QC 10 look nice but over my budget.

Reliability is the most critical to me, as I see a lot of cycling issues at competitions. As I started doing homework on this, I'm disappointed LRBHO is not more common. Glock would print money all day if they'd build a PCC, but I'm not going to hold my breath. My final 4 unless someone chimes in with something better:

Scorpion Evo 3 - Would obviously have to replace the trigger based on what I've read
    Foxtrot Mike - Probably the 7 inch barrel
    Primary Weapons - Is this worth paying the premium? https://www.primaryweapons.com/product-url-6483
    PSA - Lots to choose from and would likely go with the 8 inch barrel https://palmettostatearmory.com/ks-4...-firearms.html

What say thee?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’d stick with a blowback gun for a range toy. A gas gun (PWS) might be problematic with wimp ammo.
    I tend to run a lot of “barely minor” 9mm in my range guns (pistols) and having the ability to use that same ammo in a PCC is attractive.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Has anyone shot both the 5 and 7 inch Foxtrot Mike and able to provide comparison? Obviously the 7 inch has a side charging handle and the 5 inch has more traditional charging handle. Curious which you prefer?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Narrowing down which 9mm PCC to buy

Once I’m done in Georgia, and actually can move into my house in Maine... I’m actually buying two 9mm “pistols.” One is a CMMG Banshee (300, but I’m buying the upper/lower separately to get without Cerakote) and other is a PTR 9CT.

The PTR was first on my list, being I always wanted an MP5. I’ll get it, but figuring the CMMG is a more useful choice (will be switching to 9mm Glocks at our agency within the next year).

The 300 has a 5” barrel, but I’ve been up in the air on getting a 200 upper, which has an 8” barrel. Main reason, less of a chance of getting in front of the muzzle... but also allows me to put stuff up front (light, decent hand stop). But considering I’ll likely be buying suppressors, I am favoring the 5” for a shorter overall package.

Having a Macon D/I .45 upper, I really prefer to not go traditional blowback. Too heavy, especially in the rear. That is what attracted me to CMMG’s system, as well as the lower setup for Glock magazines. Having a LRBHO is another thing I looked for... so was happy they had incorporate it. If it was a legacy design (H&K pattern), I’m not too worried about it, but that is more for liking the older designs.

I was sort of up on getting an AR pistol, or even one of those firearms with vertical grip (moving away from the latter, since it is sort of getting regulated to s***). I did have my eye on Spikes’ pistol, with the Maxim brace and 8” barrel, but I don’t know if I want to go that short with 5.56mm.
    Last edited by Screwball; 07-13-19 at 18:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I’d stick with a blowback gun for a range toy. A gas gun (PWS) might be problematic with wimp ammo.
    PWS is also blowback.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Apologies. You are correct sir.

Feedback Score
    With your user name I suspect the Wilson Combat AR9 available in Glock or Beretta flavor is a no go.

I am huge on a PCC taking the same mags as a companion pistol.

If that was not a factor for me,
    I would probably grab an EVO.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    With your user name I suspect the Wilson Combat AR9 available in Glock or Beretta flavor is a no go.

I am huge on a PCC taking the same mags as a companion pistol.

If that was not a factor for me,
    I would probably grab an EVO.
    Wilson makes great stuff but I'm not ponying up that much. I'm also leaning more and more towards a "pistol" (ridiculous game we play with names) so I would prefer something smaller, so the 16 inch barrel is less appealing to me. While I hear good things about the EVO and know it is popular, I'm slowly moving away from going that direction. Based on money and features, the Foxtrot Mike looks like the best deal. It takes glock mags and has LRBHO feature. I just wish I could shoot all 4 and this would probably be a very easy decision for me.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The FM-9 lower works well with Glock mags.

It has a nice beefy bolt stop and the LRBHO function is nicely implemented.

The 21 rd Magpul mags and 24 rd factory Glock mags are a great size.

We've had good results with their 9mn BCG and 45 heavy buffer.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I had a similar dilemma 18 months ago. After my research I went with the CZ EVO Scorpion (Pistol w/ folding SB) and I’m very happy with my choice. In my sample of one, I’ve had zero reliability issues, even with cheep 115 gr ammo. The gun doesn’t break the bank, their is good availability of aftermarket parts and OEM mags are relatively inexpensive. Added to that Magpul has some EVO parts and is about to release 35 rd mags.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast