Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Narrowing down which 9mm PCC to buy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The fastest shooters I shoot with use a JP Enterprise or MBX.

I use a Nordic Components NC-NCC SBR.

100% reliable over the past year with over 2000 rounds down. Normally I do not clean guns till they stop working, but I clean this every month or so since BB is dirty.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bang4Buck View Post
    Scorpion Evo 3 - Would obviously have to replace the trigger based on what I've read
    Not as bad as you've read. Replace a spring or two with some polishing and it completely serviceable. Go big and replace the whole pack for about the price of an aftermarket AR trigger. I have over 5K rounds through my SBR'd suppressed Evo and it's a dream to shoot and very accurate if the shooter does their part.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Beretta CX4. You'll need to change the trigger, because the factory one is heavy.

Feedback Score
    Longtime PCC junkie. I currently have an EVO and a Colt AR. The Colt is far more elegant, but the folding-stock EVO makes a really small package.
    Can't see any percentage going really short; more barrel will give velocity and less muzzle blast, plus the lesser likelihood of fouling the muzzle with your hand.
    The EVO is great bang for the buck; its proprietary mags are reasonably priced and work well.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    after trying a couple of AR9s pistols, i've been happy with a PAK-9, believe it or not.

its my first AK in 45 years of owning ARs.

runs on either glock or beretta 92 mags (comes with adapters for both), handles suppressors well, and is half the price of the CZ.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Beretta CX4. You'll need to change the trigger, because the factory one is heavy.
    Very good call, forgot I had one in my safe from the original release. They are selling the .45 version for $499 at my LGS, almost bought it a few times.

Going to take it outside this weekend for some range fun.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don't follow you entirely with your wishes, so explain why the Sig MPX or Zenith Mp5 clone are not considered.

I had no idea so many of these guns are out there.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-16-19 at 18:45.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Of all the PCCs I have owned or shot extensively my favorite is a G17 Roni with a red dot! I think because of the minimal recoil and size/weight ratio. The runner up is a free floated 16" Faxon pencil barreled AR on a QC10 lower that runs like a sewing machine with no recoil and no need for a FH or brake.

Other PCCs I own and comments:

Ruger PC9 original. Fun but heavy and hard to take down.

Colt Sporter 9mm. Classic but probably needs a heavier buffer. Stick mags look way cooler than they work/load.

MPA Mac11 type. Not quite as cool to shoot as it looked on Miami Vice...

Vector Uzi full size "pistol". Heavy and I don't like the kludgey semi auto firing pin/system.

POF MP5K reverse stretch. Runs great but maybe I'm too used to straight line AR recoil. Seems to slowly rock too much, maybe it's just me or the K model as everyone else loves MP5s Also safety sucks and mounting optics is too blocky.

Scorpion EVO carbine. Looks awesome. Shoots fine. A little blocky as compared to my slim Faxon AR. Mags keep cracking when left loaded no matter the generation. High hopes for the PSA and Magpul mags.

Scorpion EVO pistol. Looks awesome. Shoots fine but lots of moving mass vs overall weight given the plastic receiver. Trigger sucks. Same mag complaints. Can always trick out with all the aftermarket accessories!

FM-9 8" upper with a Stern Defense Glock adapter. I want to love this with the side charging handle but light strikes on Win white box (yes known issue...). Also the Glock adapter doesn't like speed reloads. When it runs it's awesome but again a bit extra recoil-ey as shorty blowbacks tend to be...

Hope this helps!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Narrowing down which 9mm PCC to buy

My Grand Power Stribog is awesome.
    I did SBR it, so there’s that.
    Eats Gold Dots no problem.
    Mags are pretty cheap. LRBHO.
    Ambi controls.
    Very solid piece.
    Last edited by czgunner; 07-16-19 at 23:52.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I don't follow you entirely with your wishes, so explain why the Sig MPX or Zenith Mp5 clone are not considered.

I had no idea so many of these guns are out there.

PB
    At or near double the price of other choices without much added benefit that I can see, for starters.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast