Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Narrowing down which 9mm PCC to buy

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Of all the PCCs I have owned or shot extensively my favorite is a G17 Roni with a red dot! I think because of the minimal recoil and size/weight ratio. The runner up is a free floated 16" Faxon pencil barreled AR on a QC10 lower that runs like a sewing machine with no recoil and no need for a FH or brake.

Other PCCs I own and comments:

Ruger PC9 original. Fun but heavy and hard to take down.

Colt Sporter 9mm. Classic but probably needs a heavier buffer. Stick mags look way cooler than they work/load.

MPA Mac11 type. Not quite as cool to shoot as it looked on Miami Vice...

Vector Uzi full size "pistol". Heavy and I don't like the kludgey semi auto firing pin/system.

POF MP5K reverse stretch. Runs great but maybe I'm too used to straight line AR recoil. Seems to slowly rock too much, maybe it's just me or the K model as everyone else loves MP5s Also safety sucks and mounting optics is too blocky.

Scorpion EVO carbine. Looks awesome. Shoots fine. A little blocky as compared to my slim Faxon AR. Mags keep cracking when left loaded no matter the generation. High hopes for the PSA and Magpul mags.

Scorpion EVO pistol. Looks awesome. Shoots fine but lots of moving mass vs overall weight given the plastic receiver. Trigger sucks. Same mag complaints. Can always trick out with all the aftermarket accessories!

FM-9 8" upper with a Stern Defense Glock adapter. I want to love this with the side charging handle but light strikes on Win white box (yes known issue...). Also the Glock adapter doesn't like speed reloads. When it runs it's awesome but again a bit extra recoil-ey as shorty blowbacks tend to be...

Hope this helps!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Good stuff! Thanks for your comments.

This Roni does look really sweet: https://caagearup.com/product/micro-roni-stabilizer/

I heard about the Roni a while back but it was only about 6 weeks ago that I saw one up close. I was at a tactical carbine competition and a guy I’ve shot with before had just bought one. He was raving about it and said he loved it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    My Grand Power Stribog is awesome.

That is 80s bad guy gun beautiful...

Does the "dual recoil" system work better than straight blowback?

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That is 80s bad guy gun beautiful...

Does the "dual recoil" system work better than straight blowback?

Dennis.

Well, mine is blowback, not roller locked.
    I don’t think the recoil is bad.

Feedback Score
    Trying to follow up after Dennis is anticlimactic.

16” JSE upper on a LWD Glock AR Lower, 9mm - Shoots fine, Glock magazine angle is slow to reload, no bolt hold open

8.5” upper and QC10 lower, 9mm - pistol, runs like a sewing machine, bolt hold open never has worked right, blowback recoil more annoying than 16”

Keltec Sub 2000, 9mm Glock - abysmal trigger (heavy but flexing), recoil impulse uncomfortable, terrible winter performance, only likes Glock mags, poor ergonomics in running the bolt but it does fold

B&T USW - trigger is adequate, ergonomics are so so, but absolutely reliable

Presently looking at:

Striborg - nice price point, good looking internals, easy scope mounting but have not been able to shoot one yet

MP5K clone - less attractive price point and the legacy ergonomics/scope mounting comparable to a mid-1960’s GM sedan; have always enjoyed shooting MP5s

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    Trying to follow up after Dennis is anticlimactic.
    I see plenty of new info and we share some impressions as well! (You must be really smart )

I have always loved PCCs more than I should with multiple sizes of perfectly working 5.56 ARs. A side of me would be happy with just a Marlin Camp Carbine and a S&W 6906...

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Which of these mentioned options work with JHP or flat nose ammo?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've been seriously considering one for a while now. The PSA AR9 is pretty attractive at $549 but it doesn't have last round bolt hold open.

For me I want the controls of an AR and to feed it with Glock mags as all my duty pistols are glocks, so I have a LOT of mags. I'd prefer to have a last round bolt hold open, but it's hard to justify that leap in price to get to that. The Angstadt UDP-9 looks pretty awesome.

I'd prefer to stay around 8" for barrel length.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ND Please remove...
    Last edited by boomer223; 08-13-19 at 14:02.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    IMG_20181123_142038974.jpgIMG_20181123_142038974.jpg

I can totally understand your wanting compatibility with mags you have on hand and LRBHO. I went through this same quest about two years ago, but I'm an M&P guy, try finding that combo!

I eventually gave up and decided to take a gamble on Endomag, as like most of us, I have plenty of Pmags. I have right at 1,500 through this "pistol" now, with no sign of wear on the gun or mags and 100% reliability. LRBHO has worked every time. Plus it's a standard AR lower with the same egro's and controls, so I get muscle memory training while having a blast. My kids burn this thing up on range days, to the point of being to hot to hold, lol. It's been so reliable, I am considering making this my go to HD weapon.

There is a down side though, these are not cheap at $30 each plus a donor Pmag. And clearing a gun with these is a little different as you need to lock the slide back BEFORE dropping the mag because the ejector is built into the mag.

Though I have dedicated lower for it, the upper only cost me about $300 to build with parts I caught on sale over the course of a year, minus the RMR of course.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a cmmg 9mm pcc upper. I slapped it on my 556 lower. I’ve been debating using the arc mags (one came with it) or searching for a dedicated Glock 9mm lower. Since I’m vested in Glock, keeping the mags the same is appealing. I kicked around the mag well adapter for a few, but the I’m concerned about the glitches many have observed. Just another cog in the machine.

Keep using my 556 lower and invest in arc mags or invest in a dedicated lower. Horse a piece I guess. Two vs 1.5 complete. Or two completes and reinvest in the bits that I added to my 556 lower to keep training standards. First would problems.

Any advice on pcc Glock lowers confirmed to work with cmmg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast