Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Narrowing down which 9mm PCC to buy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think I want a Colt ar6951 9mm, but there are none to be had anywhere.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Whatever you decide better do it soon. The "golden days" of AR's is going to get expensive in a short bit. I heard tonight the ElPaso shooter allegedly flunked his background check and bought an AR15 in a private deal. PSA's prices are creeping up, and free shipping is gone.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've been eyeing on this one: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...165450029.html - they have the 4' barrel too but the stock keep going in and out.
    Either one will work nicely with the Glock 33rd that I have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I think I want a Colt ar6951 9mm, but there are none to be had anywhere.
    A buddy and I stumbled into a pair of them at a local shop, and it's not clear if they've had any since. Owner always says Colt infrequently makes a run of them. It's a really great 9mm, and I've SBR'd mine to Colt subgun 10.5" length.
    Was clanging steel with it yesterday; mine has A1 sights (XS 'skunk stripe' front, same plane rear), and it's amazing how easy it is to get hits.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    My brother just got the FM side charger and we had it out a couple weeks ago. Albeit an interesting feature I don't see it being any better than a traditional charging handle AR. You are usually charging from an open bolt anyway and you are doing that by hitting the bolt catch rather than the charging handle. I didn't find it particularly hard to change either.

We put a good amount of rounds through it, but not a ton, a couple hundred maybe? it ate standard ball ammo flawlessly out of standard glock mags, ETS and Magpuls. Hollowpoints were a different story, we were trying HSTs and they refused to feed out of the ETS mags but ran fine with glock mags. Any of these AR PCCs can be picky with hollowpoints anyway so it wasn't a surprise...maybe the biggest surprise was it did run fine with the glock mags. The LRBO also worked flawlessly if that's a concern for someone.

Overall the FM is a really nice piece especially for the money you can get one for, but its also the only one Ive shot so I dont have much of a frame of reference.

Feedback Score
    I bought the Foxtrot Mike, 9mm upper with 3 Lug barrel and the LRBHO lower that takes Glock mags...

I love this thing, its so fun to shoot... I normally shot 147 Gr 9mm rounds with my Octane 45 can. I've shot a ton of various kinds of ammo and both Glock and Magpul mags though it, take them all..

If I had it to buy over again, I would in a second. I enjoy shooting it, Much more than my Scorpion Evo or a Beretta CX Storm 9mm Carbine that I recently sold to fund this...

FMP is good to go!!!

NRA Patron Life Member

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I’d stick with a blowback gun for a range toy. A gas gun (PWS) might be problematic with wimp ammo.
    I tend to run a lot of “barely minor” 9mm in my range guns (pistols) and having the ability to use that same ammo in a PCC is attractive.
    Ahh No.. there is some great blow backs. Colt 6951, Stribog, GHM9, AKV9. Range toys my A$$
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    I like my CZ Scorpion. Also makes for a great project firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflayer View Post
    I like my CZ Scorpion. Also makes for a great project firearm.
    When you say a project gun? What do you mean? That trigger is just atrocious. Recoil is a little harsher then most others but it is a reliable gun.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    I was looking at the evo until we shot the MPX K. It was really nice. It was a range rental and ran like a champ and had nice accuracy.

Is SBRing it as simple and getting the form and changing the stock?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast