Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is GunBroker.com rigged?

Feedback Score

Is GunBroker.com rigged?

I currently am bidding on two different firearms on gun broker, and several days before one auction was due to end and 9 days before the second one was to end, the same named entity came on and bid the price up on both items.

To the best of my ability to check this entity has never bought or sold a gun on gunbroker.

It smells like price manipulation to me.

The guns were steady at a lower price, I took top bid on both guns and held it for about 48 hours , then this joker that has never bought or sold anything jacks the price on both guns by $700 to 800. Then he just is gone, after I regain top bid again.

Is their anything I can d about this practice?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sounds fishy , but it might be hard to prove something. I mostly do Buy now prices.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    What you’re describing is called shill bidding. There are a few sellers on GB that this behavior occurs regularly. If you didn’t bid again and the shill bidder remained the high bid the items likely would be relisted

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hate the player don’t hate the game yoni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAUSER202 View Post
    What you’re describing is called shill bidding. There are a few sellers on GB that this behavior occurs regularly. If you didn’t bid again and the shill bidder remained the high bid the items likely would be relisted
    Mauser is correct.. there are several reuglar sellers who do that crap.
    There is also contact info on Gunbroker to notify them of this, maybe they can look into a specific seller.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, the way to deal with that is bid on what you want at closing. I've seen what you describe several times.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Hate the player don’t hate the game yoni

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. It is an auction after all. Shill or not, it’s the nature of the beast.

Feedback Score
    I am starting to investigate such rubbish. If you have had the same problem do a screen capture and send it to me.

I also have sent an email to GB.

Lastly give me your ideas on how we could eliminate this practice. I think if a person has never bought a gun, they should have a trial period where their bidding is subject to review .

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I currently am bidding on two different firearms on gun broker, and several days before one auction was due to end and 9 days before the second one was to end, the same named entity came on and bid the price up on both items.

To the best of my ability to check this entity has never bought or sold a gun on gunbroker.

It smells like price manipulation to me.

The guns were steady at a lower price, I took top bid on both guns and held it for about 48 hours , then this joker that has never bought or sold anything jacks the price on both guns by $700 to 800. Then he just is gone, after I regain top bid again.

Is their anything I can d about this practice?
    It is a free market economy. If they have a third party jack up the price........ move on. Don't do business with them. Nobody is forcing you to bid/buy anything.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    It is a free market economy. If they have a third party jack up the price........ move on. Don't do business with them. Nobody is forcing you to bid/buy anything.
    This. Have a price in mind and stuck to it. I'll bid to X and one penny over is no longer of any interest and I move on like it never existed. Even when it's in my price range but someone jacks the price up by $700 I'm also done and out of there. I prefer my money over chunks of metal and plastic

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast