Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is GunBroker.com rigged?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Exactly. It is an auction after all. Shill or not, it’s the nature of the beast.
    Actually no it is not. If it's a shill, it's fraud.

I don't know of any legit auction where a shill drops in to drive up the price and then gets to walk if the fish aren't biting that day.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am starting to investigate such rubbish. If you have had the same problem do a screen capture and send it to me.

I also have sent an email to GB.

Lastly give me your ideas on how we could eliminate this practice. I think if a person has never bought a gun, they should have a trial period where their bidding is subject to review .
    All you can do is what you are doing. If GB does not jump on that with both feet then I would suspect they are in on it. Which I doubt, but who knows these days.

If I'm reading you correctly. Let's say you and I are friends. You offer up a gun. 3rd party has a low bid that looks like it might win. I, out of nowhere, bid it up so you don't loose your money. Now if someone overbids me, that's life in the big city. If I win though, to protect you, and everything simply disappears to start over next week... that's fraud. I can't believe for a second GB would be cool with that as it would place them as a party to the whole deal.

I buy a lot of stuff online and I will not tolerate that. You are hard pressed to screw something up on eBay these days. Almost everyone has you covered. For GB to be running a 1940's sideshow at the traveling fair is beyond acceptable.

Now if you are simply upset because you thought you were going to get a free lunch on the Internet, and then went ahead and bid more money. That's pretty much all you. It may still be a crooked situation but you didn't have to keep adding money to the pot. It's gambling at that point. You didn't know it was a gambling site... but.....

I agree with you though. I take online transaction very seriously. I have a great expectation of honesty and I go out of my way to describe anything I am selling and that no bullshit occurs in between.

If you are dead certain this is happening I would tell GB that if they don't get on the ball then perhaps the FBI will. That's their bailiwicks, respectively.

If it's some dips**t running around bidding up and buying when they win. That's life. That's not how I'm reading you though. What you describe is an organize anonymous protection of the supposed auction. Screw that.

This is a prime example of 'our side' not communicating. If we can't have the modicum of trust among us to say that 'tent show' fraud is wrong, then were are we? If I walk into your sideshow and you fool me. That's on me. We have no way to know how many people get screwed everyday on the Internet or if the sellers are in the forums, which they probably are.

It's a pet peeve for me but I have bought and sold internationally ( not guns ) and the community and integrity must be honest among the buyers and sellers. It really speaks to me when a person's integrity is clear and they make it so regardless of their proximity.

Maybe you can check Whois to see if ShiilDealer.com is available.

I don't have a lot of rules but when it comes to spending money I don't expect that online buying is the same as sitting down at the poker table. Is that rain? Oh, no it's just another BS Internet gun dealer pissing down my back. Take them down. FBI, BBB, ATF, Local PD, they deserve no respectful treatment.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree yoni. I think it is discrimination. I would shoot off an email to the JIDF because I think they are purposely cheating you when you bid. It's an outrage and unfair. Someone should shut it down until they stop this chicanery. I stand with you on this one!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I am starting to investigate such rubbish. If you have had the same problem do a screen capture and send it to me.

I also have sent an email to GB.

Lastly give me your ideas on how we could eliminate this practice. I think if a person has never bought a gun, they should have a trial period where their bidding is subject to review .
    You told us you own a Maclaren and even so you’re going to try and wage a crusade against a practice intended to cost you a pittance in the grand scheme of things despite reality being what it is.

Ok, seriously?

See if you can do something about auction sniping while you’re at it then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    All you can do is what you are doing. If GB does not jump on that with both feet then I would suspect they are in on it. Which I doubt, but who knows these days.

If I'm reading you correctly. Let's say you and I are friends. You offer up a gun. 3rd party has a low bid that looks like it might win. I, out of nowhere, bid it up so you don't loose your money. Now if someone overbids me, that's life in the big city. If I win though, to protect you, and everything simply disappears to start over next week... that's fraud. I can't believe for a second GB would be cool with that as it would place them as a party to the whole deal.

I buy a lot of stuff online and I will not tolerate that. You are hard pressed to screw something up on eBay these days. Almost everyone has you covered. For GB to be running a 1940's sideshow at the traveling fair is beyond acceptable.

Now if you are simply upset because you thought you were going to get a free lunch on the Internet, and then went ahead and bid more money. That's pretty much all you. It may still be a crooked situation but you didn't have to keep adding money to the pot. It's gambling at that point. You didn't know it was a gambling site... but.....

I agree with you though. I take online transaction very seriously. I have a great expectation of honesty and I go out of my way to describe anything I am selling and that no bullshit occurs in between.

If you are dead certain this is happening I would tell GB that if they don't get on the ball then perhaps the FBI will. That's their bailiwicks, respectively.

If it's some dips**t running around bidding up and buying when they win. That's life. That's not how I'm reading you though. What you describe is an organize anonymous protection of the supposed auction. Screw that.

This is a prime example of 'our side' not communicating. If we can't have the modicum of trust among us to say that 'tent show' fraud is wrong, then were are we? If I walk into your sideshow and you fool me. That's on me. We have no way to know how many people get screwed everyday on the Internet or if the sellers are in the forums, which they probably are.

It's a pet peeve for me but I have bought and sold internationally ( not guns ) and the community and integrity must be honest among the buyers and sellers. It really speaks to me when a person's integrity is clear and they make it so regardless of their proximity.

Maybe you can check Whois to see if ShiilDealer.com is available.

I don't have a lot of rules but when it comes to spending money I don't expect that online buying is the same as sitting down at the poker table. Is that rain? Oh, no it's just another BS Internet gun dealer pissing down my back. Take them down. FBI, BBB, ATF, Local PD, they deserve no respectful treatment.
    How do you prove its a false bid?

I don't buy or sell online very often but if I can't see or hold the product in my hands I automatically assume there's something wrong with it. People try to hide issues, it's what we do!

Feedback Score
    It doesn't matter what I own, or how much money I make.

Some things in life are fixed and I can't do a thing about it. LIBOR and gold prices have been rigged in the past and probably still are. But I can't do anything about it.

I see a problem and wanted to alert everyone.

I will still buy these pistols, all this idiot did was bring them up to market price, when before they looked like a good deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I agree yoni. I think it is discrimination. I would shoot off an email to the JIDF because I think they are purposely cheating you when you bid. It's an outrage and unfair. Someone should shut it down until they stop this chicanery. I stand with you on this one!
    JIDF?

Jew IDF are you serious?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It doesn't matter what I own, or how much money I make.

Some things in life are fixed and I can't do a thing about it. LIBOR and gold prices have been rigged in the past and probably still are. But I can't do anything about it.

I see a problem and wanted to alert everyone.

I will still buy these pistols, all this idiot did was bring them up to market price, when before they looked like a good deal.
    It's your money and sounds like the price is still within reason but if I felt someone was dicking with me I'd be out of there regardless of price

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    JIDF?

Jew IDF are you serious?
    thejidf.org

The Jewish Internet Defense Force.
    They do a lot to stop the injustices and discriminations and unfairness.

I'm surprised you are unaware.
    They will not stand for this if you explain how gunbroker is being unfair. They are literally depriving you of arms while trying to pick your pocket. Never Again!
    Last edited by Firefly; 07-14-19 at 07:01.

Feedback Score
    The actions at gunbroker by a shill bidder, has nothing to do with me being Jewish. For me to claim other wise would simple not be true, and not something I would ever do.

I can afford to buy the pistols at the added $800 that the shill added, that isn't the point. The point is that if people are artificially driving up prices without buying guns ever, then the auctions are rigged.

The 2 auctions I am bidding on are from 2 different sellers and yet the same guy that has never bought anything comes in and drives up the price.

That should be unacceptable to the buying public.

I have bid my top price for these 2 guns and will buy the pistols at that price if I get them. However if both guns were to have sold for $700 to 800 less, then they would have been great deals.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast