Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harrison Extreme Service sights

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    This is Army Chief's Colt that John Harrison built with the "Retro" rear sight:

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    That is one of the cleanest, all biz, no glaring frills, 1911s I’ve seen.

Exceptional pistol.

Feedback Score
    A couple of years back I sent my stainless series 70 to Harrison to have his retro rear and a dovetailed front installed. I really like the combination. I have also used some of his ignition parts and they are top notch.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just finished emailing with John. Will be sending him the slide to my DW Valor.
    I’m finally going to get rid of those damn, dim Heinie night sights!

geezer john:)
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Man I would love to have John build a 9mm LW Commander from scratch. But the price tag, and 3+ years wait, probably both a bit beyond my current means. My C&S Commander is already awesome though and I cannot imagine a more accurate and reliable 1911, I'm not really in a position of needing to spend on another 1911, though a LW would be a nice to have and I'd even consider carrying it again over my M&P's. WC's are in the same category as C&S. But Harrison's 1911's are beyond even that IMO, meticulous attention to detail that makes it not just a reliable accurate 1911, but a work of art.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    Just finished emailing with John. Will be sending him the slide to my DW Valor.
    I’m finally going to get rid of those damn, dim Heinie night sights!

geezer john
    you actually got a response? noice. I wanted to get some sight work done, but no response. I thought he was too busy.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkstr8 View Post
    you actually got a response? noice. I wanted to get some sight work done, but no response. I thought he was too busy.
    He is extremely backed up on building full custom guns. If you buy his parts, especially sights, he will install them on your guns. The wait on such work is much shorter.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    He is extremely backed up on building full custom guns. If you buy his parts, especially sights, he will install them on your guns. The wait on such work is much shorter.
    That's right. He responded immediately to me and the work was done and slide returned within a week of when I sent it, as in OP.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I was going to buy his parts.....

Maybe I'll send him another email.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123