Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: With no LandCruiser 70, or Defender 90/110 in America, what

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    My 2015 has a locking center diff as most LC have had back a good while....including GX (Prados) as well.
    My mistake. I believe it’s the 2017-current model year LX570 that ditched the center diff lock.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My boss has an 04 GX that I want!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    ETA:

So I was looking through their site. So it seems you can get into something for 15 to 20 grand, and then there are more models around 50 to 60,000 that looks like they could actually be driven as is. Are the cheaper ones really just donor bases for new builds like yours? Or are people taking those 50 and $60,000 ones and tearing them apart to0? I assume for a re-engine and rebuild you’re looking at something between 75 and 100 K?
    The cheap ones can be donors. I was told they can be purchased outright as DIY project vehicles. I can't really quote prices because YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grnamin View Post
    The cheap ones can be donors. I was told they can be purchased outright as DIY project vehicles. I can't really quote prices because YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I know. East Coast Rovers would have some on their site years ago for Gwagen money- but they were gutted, engined and had all new interiors.

It’s funny to look back at 1993 when one of the car mags compared a Jeep Grand Cherokee to the Nas 110. The 110 was more expensive, but not by that much- and now what are they worth respectively...

He’ll, I have hard enough time getting the wife to go with a Jeep JL Sahara, let alone a $50k 25 used Funny looking Jeep from overseas - lovingly cared for my Eastern European conscripts...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    But I'm into my third year of ownership and the only things that have needed doing are brakes - and that's with over 190k on it (belts and water pump and other c. 180k preventative maintenance were done by the dealership before I bought it).
    Wait for a fleabay sale on auto parts site wide. They do 25-30% a few times a year. Bought OEM rotors, pads, anti-seize, brake cleaner and extra hardware for a steal. Didn't really need rotors, so put them in storage, but all came from a US lexus dealer. The price was right and both the fronts and rears are easy to do with a few cans beer and a helper. A good jack and jack stands are a must, but you can usually borrow from a buddy.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Not an up-coming SUV, but I have been re-directing some firearms funds to acquiring good+ condition take-off parts for my '97 Jeep. Keeping an eye out for a decent-good LJ for conversion to small-size pick-up.

Only thing close to new "SUV" that has caught my attention so far is the Roxar 4x4 based off the old Willy's design.

Something about a Gladiator just sits "wrong" with me. Maybe its all the electronics newer vehicles have plus the lines on the Gladiator, IDK exactly but something about it just seems "off". Nothing against those that do like it though.
    Our Liberties we prize and our Rights we will defend.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Forgot Lexus GX.......They just release a concept video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuyzFguFCZE

Feedback Score
    That concept looks interesting. Needs a real bumper though.

The GX460 is just a reminder to me that the 4Runner should have a V8 option, and another cog in the transmission.

I want the 5.7L V8 and 8 speed put in the 4Runner, 35 gallon fuel tank, and lockers on all the diffs. Toyota would be beating people off with a stick just trying to get that truck off the car transporter, dudes would be getting into fisticuffs trying to be the first one to get such a magnificent beast off the lot.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My boss has an 04 GX that I want!
    I have an 05 GX that I love. It is without a doubt the nicest vehicle I have ever owned in my over 30 years of driving. Very capable offroad as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    That concept looks interesting. Needs a real bumper though.

The GX460 is just a reminder to me that the 4Runner should have a V8 option, and another cog in the transmission.

I want the 5.7L V8 and 8 speed put in the 4Runner, 35 gallon fuel tank, and lockers on all the diffs. Toyota would be beating people off with a stick just trying to get that truck off the car transporter, dudes would be getting into fisticuffs trying to be the first one to get such a magnificent beast off the lot.
    They had a V8 4Runner which was basically the cheaper version of the GX 470

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast