Thread: Trijicon MRO lens tilt... I guess I should have read the manual.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Trijicon MRO lens tilt... I guess I should have read the manual.

Was excited to get my new MRO (120K serial # range) and Geissele super precision mount for a new pistol build. Today was my first range trip and I start out zeroing the irons thru the MRO (while off). I was a little frustrated that I had to add so much windage to the right to get it zeroed. Also was considerably high as well, but that is common for me so I had a taller front sight already with me in my bag, no big deal. Got it pretty close at 50 and 100 then I notice the MRO lens ... Holy crap, what just happened???IMG_20190714_135831 by Michael Starmer, on Flickr

I didn't even bother to turn it on. Packed all my stuff and headed out for my hour long drive from the range, fuming the whole way about how Optics Planet is going to hear from me in the morning. Once I get home I did a google search to see if there is a recall or anyone else has then problem, oh WTF this is normal????

Needless to say I kind of feel like an idiot.

Ok I get that this is normal, now I have the question does zeroing thru the MRO give a considerable poa/poi change vs. no optic? I have a Comp M3, H1 and an Eotech and never really noticed this much of a shift, but that tilted lens has me wondering?

Thanks

FYI it's a 11.5 Daniel Defense V7S upper (5.56) with Troy flip ups (HK front).

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’m running 4 MRO’s with BUIS-and no, that has not been my experience.

I dial in MRO, then “rough dial” the BUIS off the DOT.
    It is necessary to fine tune the irons at the range, sans MRO.
    Occasionally the DOT isn’t perfectly centered just below the top of FS, but if it’s off, it’s not drastically so.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Same experience, running a few MRO's on different platforms.

Feedback Score
    "Red Dot" sight is actually an invention from the 1970s. The way the dot projects to the objective glass did not change from when it was first created 40+ years ago.

http://www.smallarmsreview.com/displ...darticles=4048

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mine took about 10 rounds to get where I wanted it on my 300blk MCX. My lens is not as tilted as yours, but I can only speak from my personal experience that has been overwhelmingly positive.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I ordered a new MRO and it arrived today. No issues with tint or magnification, but the parallax is awful. Just setting it on a table and aiming at a spot across the street (100ft maybe) I can see easily 12"+ of movement.

I really like the form factor and overall feel of the optic but I think I'll be returning it just because of the parallax.

It might be good as an indoor only optic but that's not good for me.

I'll probably order either an EXPS2-0 or UH1.