Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: DIY AR10's

Feedback Score
    I have never seen a company actually honor an accuracy guarantee. They always blame the customer, talk about “not using the right ammunition”, and say the shooter isn’t good enough.

It’s sad, but I’ve heard it sad, accuracy guarantees are “tourist traps”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    03scgt

Im surprised you didn’t put a MAMS on your CC. I have it on my ECC and it feels like cheating. I have one on my homemade M110K and wish I hadn’t. I have a QDC but too lazy to install yet.

A CC is kinda like a CAR-15 308 from Hell. It’d be great against vehicles
    I had a long tine mams on the cc for 6-7 months.It was awesome but I ended up removing it for a suppressor mount that I actually owned.I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another if I ever buy a kac can

Feedback Score
    Ammunition selection should play a larger role in AR-10/7.62 NATO firearm choicemaking than it seems to. KAC makes the nicest AR-10, but you'll extract maximum value from that KAC SR-25 by shooting FGMM or similar. If you've got a pile of M80 and your mission is to blast steel out to 600 using irons, the SR-25 is a premium option, but perhaps not an ideal fit.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    The question was what suppressor do you use on your LMT MWS Since you said you run it suppressed 100% of the time.

I have two Sig cans that get alternated. One is a Steel, QD 7.62 its small and looks very small on big guns, kinda cool. And I have a Sig 338 QD can. Ive started running the bigger can on there 16inch 308 guns and the smaller one on the 6.5 20 inch gun. My Sig cans manage gas so much better than my OLD AAC cans. So I run those on my Bolt guns.

I still have 556 AAC cans on my 556 gas guns.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

DIY AR10's

Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I have never seen a company actually honor an accuracy guarantee. They always blame the customer, talk about “not using the right ammunition”, and say the shooter isn’t good enough.

It’s sad, but I’ve heard it sad, accuracy guarantees are “tourist traps”.

Maybe so. BA has dealt very squarely with me so far, and I haven’t had a issue with any of the barrels. I’ve called them midstream and asked them to change an order, to pin a gas block on a barrel they had boxed and ready to ship and other pain in the ass customer requests, but they’ve been GTG. I haven’t heard of anyone complaining about BA ‘s warranty, but anything is possible.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    I DIY'd an Aero build and the people saying gassing is a pain in the ass are right.

Used a 14.5 BA barrel
    How do you like the 14.5" BA barrel? I don't see it on their site anymore and was thinking about having one of their 16" middy ones cut down. What are its limits and how is the accuracy? Ash Hess runs a 14.5" barrel and he raves about it.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post

I'm digging the Mega lower/LMT upper combo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    I DIY'd an Aero build and the people saying gassing is a pain in the ass are right.

Used a 14.5 BA barrel and Aero parts initially, along with an adjustable gas block because I'm not a total idiot. At first, it was UNDER gassed. Bolt wouldn't lock back on empty without a can. With a can, it was fine. Long story short, the parts I swapped to were: Magpul A5 length buffer tube (lets me use regular AR15 buffers instead of the stubby 308 buffers), carbine buffer, Tubb flat wire recoil spring, KAK BCG.

Something I found interesting in the testing process with the A5 length tube. Once I had the gas tuned in the general neighborhood, I tried it with and without the can (Surefire SOCOM 7.62) with a regular carbine buffer, H, H2 and H3 buffer. They all cycled fine with and without the can, however with the can, the felt recoil increased the heavier buffer I used. So I slapped in the carbine buffer, tuned the gas to run that unsuppressed and rolled with it. It runs fine now with or without the can, but it sure was a lot of troubleshooting and parts replacement to get there.

It truly would have saved me a loooooot of trouble to buy a prebuilt AR10.
    I also bought a BA 14.5, carbine gas length. was under-gassed. the gas port was 0.055", I drilled it out to .0730". in hindsight, after testing, could probably have gotten by with a 0.070" gas port. only shooting un-suppressed. 5.3oz buffer. runs perfect now.

funny thing, my Faxon 16" 308 "Big Gunner" barrel is lighter than the BA 14.5" barrel, by half a pound (8oz). oh well.

BA 14.5 upper:
    Last edited by rpoL98; 07-18-19 at 15:33.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast