Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY AR10's

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

DIY AR10's

So, I have built more at home AR15's than I care to share. Never built an AR10. Not smart enough and with me being an LMT Fanboy, I just bought LMT's. For those of you that built Aero's etc, how happy are you ?

If you had it to do over again, would you build or buy an LMT or DD ? Probably not a Knights I would assume because $$$.

I have no immediate plans just curious.

Pros Cons ?

Many thanks for your feedback

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    So, I have built more at home AR15's than I care to share. Never built an AR10. Not smart enough and with me being an LMT Fanboy, I just bought LMT's. For those of you that built Aero's etc, how happy are you ?

If you had it to do over again, would you build or buy an LMT or DD ? Probably not a Knights I would assume because $$$.

I have no immediate plans just curious.

Pros Cons ?

Many thanks for your feedback

PB
    I have an Aero Upper and lower with a Noveske 16". I have shot all kinds of KAC guns and I would not trade for one anyday.

That being said, I will always recommend to buy a complete 308 AR and to not build one.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It’s weird how DIY is always synonymous with poverty choices.

Like KAC /LMT, IS the 308 game.

Buy in price is nearly irrelevant when you’re actually putting rounds down range in any substantial quantity, even more so when they’re 7.62. Not saying you OP you guys actually shoot.

So buy once cry once and all that Jazz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Why not build an LMT? Primary Arms carries both lowers and uppers and occasionally discounts.

I'd buy an LMT lower and Armalite upper.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I built my own SR25 from KAC parts. It was not cheap nor easy. All said and done I saved 100 dollars.

That said, I love it. There are a scant few things I'd do different but not many.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Why not build an LMT? Primary Arms carries both lowers and uppers and occasionally discounts.

This desu

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I've built two using Mega upper/lower combos. Both turned out great, but I sold both because each trigger pull = $$$$$$ going down range. If 7.62 wasn't so expensive I'd still have one in my arsenal, they are a lot of fun to shoot.

Feedback Score
    I highly encourage buying a complete gun from a reputable manufacturer.

The large frame gassers can be pretty frustrating if not done right. People look at them as bigger AR15s, but they're not. They're a totally different animal.

Just because parts fit together doesn't mean they'll work together. At least not to the performance standard that we would hold a better brand to.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLGW View Post
    I highly encourage buying a complete gun from a reputable manufacturer.

The large frame gassers can be pretty frustrating if not done right. People look at them as bigger AR15s, but they're not. They're a totally different animal.

Just because parts fit together doesn't mean they'll work together. At least not to the performance standard that we would hold a better brand to.

You guy's MK10 is pretty sweet, by the way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You guy's MK10 is pretty sweet, by the way.
    They're solid.
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast