Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is the corona pandemic affecting machingeun prices?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How is the corona pandemic affecting machingeun prices?

How is the corona pandemic affecting machingeun prices?

Has there been a drop in prices and if so would now be a good time to buy?

My wife lost her job but I am still working and my income is enough to cover our bills.

I have a decent regular title 1 gun collection and would be willing to liquidate most if not all of it to pick up a transferable AK or AR/M16 if now is a particularly good time to do so.

TED

Feedback Score
    They look unchanged to me. $20k for an m16, AK around $25-30k.

You may find a private dealer willing to take less if they are desperate.

Feedback Score
    I think it's too soon to tell. GunBroker's auction results for those with low starting bids and no reserves would be a good leading indicator. Even though the economy is looking like it's going in a downward direction, demand for guns is up.

Feedback Score
    I have noticed a few MGs advertised at unusually "low" prices due to financial stress. The problem seems to be that low prices advertised by individuals are often ignored due to the possibility of fraud. I would not expect more established dealers to lower their prices suddenly though.

I am shocked that this gunstoker offering has not been snapped up for $7.8K [pre may AR10 in rare configuration]

pix784691691.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHollow View Post
    I have noticed a few MGs advertised at unusually "low" prices due to financial stress. The problem seems to be that low prices advertised by individuals are often ignored due to the possibility of fraud. I would not expect more established dealers to lower their prices suddenly though.

I am shocked that this gunstoker offering has not been snapped up for $7.8K [pre may AR10 in rare configuration]

pix784691691.jpg

Man, I agree. I watched that AR10 for some time.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Is it cheaper to just do the FFL/SOT thing, with no intent of making it an income source?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Is it cheaper to just do the FFL/SOT thing, with no intent of making it an income source?
    I don’t think you can legally obtain an FFL for purposes other than a business.

Feedback Score
    It is fairly common for someone to get a FFL/SOT just to acquire pre-sample MGs. The alphabet boys might not like it but then again most pre-sample MGs are of zero interest to law enforcement anyhow. So a collector or shooter gets his several pre-samples an then closes his business, keeping the guns indefinitely. I have personally know several who have done this. While they have their FFL/SOT these same guys transferred guns for their buddies, charging a reasonable fee in the process. Just like any other kitchen table FFL.
    Last edited by HHollow; 05-16-20 at 18:01.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I don’t think you can legally obtain an FFL for purposes other than a business.
    I’m aware that BATFE does not accept “just for me” as a business model, but its not a crime to suck at selling guns.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHollow View Post
    So a collector or shooter gets his several pre-samples an then closes his business, keeping the guns indefinitely.
    What are the downsides to this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast