Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Rail Failures Mega-Thread

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Hodge is. KAC is buy today get by the end of the week.
    https://www.weaponoutfitters.com/hod...-13-black.html

There ya go...right now...today!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Geissele doesn’t even factor into rail choices anymore. What’s the availability on KAC and Hodge Rails? Are they “buy now, get in 18 months” stuff?
    I find the obsession with Hodge handguards kinda dumb. There are plenty of other choices out there using the same design (if you're looking at the WedgeLock, anyway), but very few people seem to know, much less care. Zev, SoLGW, and Triarc all have handguards with the same basic design, with the main difference between they are 6061 with steel barrel nuts, rather than 7075 with a titanium barrel nut (although IIRC, Hodge is also switching to steel barrel nuts due to cost). I assume that Zev is still the source of Hodge handguards.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The only problem with KAC urx4 rails is their pain in the ass barrel nut design. however, its this design that makes it one of my favorite rigid rail choice right now. I only use short geissele mk4 and federal rails at this point due to all the problems I had with just mounting accessories and making mlok slots useless if I ever removed them.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I have my first (((BCM))) QRF rail en route today. I plan on running a PEQ on this and I’ll be testing flex pretty substantially.

I know my Larue 11” barely moved at all, but it was a heavy beast and I can’t remove it from my old upper because somebody used gorilla strength and a gallon of rocksett.

Geissele doesn’t even factor into rail choices anymore. What’s the availability on KAC and Hodge Rails? Are they “buy now, get in 18 months” stuff?
    Weapon Outfitters/Operation Parts have been quick with KAC rails and receivers, in my experience. Like a week or so. And I am very happy with my URX4’s. The only downside is they transmit heat more quickly than old school fat cheesegraters. But they are solid and lightweight.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    duplicate
    Last edited by Furbyballer; 07-17-19 at 10:03.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Weapon Outfitters/Operation Parts have been quick with KAC rails and receivers, in my experience. Like a week or so. And I am very happy with my URX4’s. The only downside is they transmit heat more quickly than old school fat cheesegraters. But they are solid and lightweight.
    I haven't found them to get too hot. Definitely not as hot as a bcm mlok rail or centurion cmr. I attribute it to the slightly larger diameter that I prefer over the super skinny rails.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I haven't found them to get too hot. Definitely not as hot as a bcm mlok rail or centurion cmr. I attribute it to the slightly larger diameter that I prefer over the super skinny rails.
    Most of my prior experience has been with larger handguards. I’m sure that the thinner they get, the hotter they get. Like I said, I’m happy with the URX4. I just use covers in the area I do most of my gripping.

ETA: I’ve never owned a BCM or Centurion rail. So I don’t know how hot they get. They certainly feel good in the hand, though.
    Last edited by 1168; 07-17-19 at 10:12. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    The only problem with KAC urx4 rails is their pain in the ass barrel nut design. however, its this design that makes it one of my favorite rigid rail choice right now. I only use short geissele mk4 and federal rails at this point due to all the problems I had with just mounting accessories and making mlok slots useless if I ever removed them.
    My favorite thing about the URX4 is the integrated barrel nut. It's a pain the dick to install though and nearly impossible to pin the GB if that's your jam. My wife runs one on her 6920HB, I like it enough that I'm thinking of swapping out my Centurion for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Wasn't a Marine on the selection/aquisition program on Geissele's payroll?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I hear Hodge Defense has been working on a new handguard, that is supposedly a blend between their Wedge-Lock and their Pinch-lock handguards. No details about it yet, like material used , weight or dimensions, etc. or when it will be available. It would be nice if Hodge Defense would have Mega/Zev Technologies step up production of their handguards so their is less of a wait on them. Currently, there is only a handful of handguards that I would personally trust when using aiming devices off of it.
    Last edited by Biggy; 07-17-19 at 11:14.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast