Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Geissele Rail Failures Mega-Thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Euro is right, but it seems the masses have accepted that FSBs and regular plastic handguards are outdated and you have to run a 13"+ FF rail just to have a flashlight.

A lot of that is probably because most of the big manufacturers only make FF stuff - DD, BCM, etc. - so it's seen as the norm.

For the majority, a 6920 with an Aimpoint PRO and a Surefire Scout on an IWC Mount n' Slot covers all the bases.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    it seems the masses have accepted that FSBs and regular plastic handguards are outdated and you have to run a 13"+ FF rail just to have a flashlight.

A lot of that is probably because most of the big manufacturers only make FF stuff - DD, BCM, etc. - so it's seen as the norm.

For the majority, a 6920 with an Aimpoint PRO and a Surefire Scout on an IWC Mount n' Slot covers all the bases.
    For sure, but the industry needs to make $$$, as do sponsors, etc.

And the Ranger-Rickys of the worlds need to rebuild, rethink, change courses on their latest 'build', only to 'rebuild' / change again after never shooting it, but post glorious photos of them with cheap Chinese optics.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I think the original purpose of this thread has gone off the rails.
    Yeah it’s complete shit really. There’s only like two or three people in here that have had any type of first hand experience with what the OP is asking. The rest of the posts are typical fanboyism and brand bashing without any personal experience.

Based on my experience, I love my MK16. It feels great and looks great and as long as I don’t pay attention to what the iNtErWeBz says, it performs great. If, at some point, I discover that it doesn’t perform great, I’ll sell it and happily explain why it sucks. But until then, it’s great. And so are my ACHs, triggers, and the one scope mount I have from G. While kind of on that topic though, the maritime bolt catch did get moved to my beater gun, as I’ve seen several pictures of those breaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 07-19-19 at 11:20.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Am I the only one who likes a FSB and drop in quad rails?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Am I the only one who likes a FSB and drop in quad rails?
    NO! You are not the only one. I have a wide array of rifles to choose from and my absolute favorite and the one I shoot most has a KAC RAS.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, *every*part of or accessory you put on your rifle is a compromise in one way or another, and depending on ones needs, there is no cookie cutter and set in stone way to set-up and configure *your*rifle. Everything can and will break and fail at some point, so choose it accordingly. How boring would the arms race be if there were no free float handguards and no aftermarket firearm accessories to talk about and spend money on.

Feedback Score
    thought i was in GD on TOS for a while.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yeah it’s complete shit really. There’s only like two or three people in here that have had any type of first hand experience with what the OP is asking. The rest of the posts are typical fanboyism and brand bashing without any personal experience.
    Agree, seems like too many threads where you're trying to be straight up and just get some information or talk about stuff end up getting filled with a lot useless OT noise.

Now I'm in the process of spec'ing and then assembling a new 6.5 G franken-upper using quality parts. I'm considering (among others) Geissele MK4 or Mk8 rails for this upper. I basically need something lightweight (let's say sub 15oz with hardware), strong and anti-rotation, able to go over a superlative arms adj gas block, and M-lok. In the past I've trusted advice I received from this forum including Grant from G&R, and put Centurion and BCM rails on older uppers, those have been bomb-proof (though a bit hefty and they're older quad type designs) for me. If there are issues with the MK4/MK8, I would sure love to hear those if I ought to be avoiding these rails.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Told ya'll on page 1 this would be boring.

96% of dudes don't shoot their guns, just post pics of them on the internet. Of that 4%, 98% aren't abusing their guns or subjecting them to harsh usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It's looking like the OP has received about as much as he can on the topic. I will say this as a few will read the last post-without calling out certain folks, if you have some information to offer--SAY IT vs. posting cryptic bullshit. If you are the expert, share information instead of posting some off the wall crap and not offer an answer or solution, otherwise you are no help.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516