Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Rail Failures Mega-Thread

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Once you go KAC you never go back.
    Or Hodge.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have a MK4 on a “SPRish” rifle...I have had two instances like Doc Sherm describes, with the handguard rotating slightly out of alignment...it did not impact the rifle as it is just a handguard and mount for a bipod. I think I fixed this issue by readjusting the set screws. It’s not my favorite handguard, but with the gun shooting well, I haven wanted jack with a new handguard and re-zeroing...

I also have a MK14 on a 6920...I have drop tested it, not in any scientific way, just dropped from shoulder height with an Scout light mounted to it...I dropped it on the side with light. There are no obvious issues other than some cosmetic damage, like scratches...irons maintained zero

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    This begs the question: are the other rails currently compromised? If I buy a Mk14, does it have it's own standards that have been and are being upheld?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This sucks, I have an MK16 I bought when they first came available that I have not installed, I wonder if is is screwed up...
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    KAC or Hodge will seem cheap if you buy a G rail and it turns out to be junk. I hope this thread yields answers to the QC/QA concerning the other rails.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    This begs the question: are the other rails currently compromised? If I buy a Mk14, does it have it's own standards that have been and are being upheld?
    Not that I am aware of, but I also don't have any of their other rails.
    Last edited by drtywk; 07-16-19 at 19:46.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Knights for the win
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post

I was about to purchase the mk14, I was wondering this as well.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a mk4 15” on an SPR. It hasn’t seen much use but I like it.

The mk16 seems really chunky and I’m surprised the military went with it, especially if they were considering low weight. KAC’s rail is better, even without geissele’s alleged issues. I like to think the army tests stuff pretty well before spending my tax monies but we know how the government works. If the gas block is really too big for the rail then wtf.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    I have a mk4 15” on an SPR. It hasn’t seen much use but I like it.

The mk16 seems really chunky and I’m surprised the military went with it, especially if they were considering low weight. KAC’s rail is better, even without geissele’s alleged issues. I like to think the army tests stuff pretty well before spending my tax monies but we know how the government works. If the gas block is really too big for the rail then wtf.
    Anyone know why their gas block as those ridges fore and aft?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast