Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Rail Failures Mega-Thread

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Geissele Rail Failures Mega-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I really wish you would just stop posting. You show your ass way more often than you provide anything relevant to the conversation.
    By all means please hit the ignore button sports fan.

As for hodge the self anointed cult status is lame.

As for Geissele, issues exist with the mk16 design, far less so with any of the other rails in their lineup. So idk what else you want me to say there.

Additionally, the handling of the issue once it was made public, to include the dealings with your friend, were shady at best sooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 07-17-19 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I started a Gofundme campaign for Neil, he's a friend of mine as well. The handling and dealing with Neil is shady, how? Some of us know far more than most but won't talk about it in public.

Jim is a friend of mine too. I'm by all means in his camp, and decidedly not the other company's. My opinion matters little here or anywhere else, but know there are very good reasons for everything.
    Last edited by Duffy; 07-17-19 at 19:12.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Hmmm I’m suddenly regretting ordering a MK16. Shame because it looks like a nice rail. I like the profile and the mlok slots on all sides. I’d always heard the their rails were tough.

I was planning on using it for a new 16” semi-precision/3gun upper. I may just throw it on my 22lr AR that I use for steel challenge.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skatz11 View Post
    Hmmm I’m suddenly regretting ordering a MK16. Shame because it looks like a nice rail. I like the profile and the mlok slots on all sides. I’d always heard the their rails were tough.

I was planning on using it for a new 16” semi-precision/3gun upper. I may just throw it on my 22lr AR that I use for steel challenge.

It will be fine for the 3 gun upper. They are decent rails just not as robust as their previous rails.
    Last edited by themonk; 07-18-19 at 07:05. Reason: fat fingers

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Roger that. Apologies for any misinformation/misunderstanding on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    NO. He is a friend of mine and did work for MARCORSYSCOM before he got out of the Marines. He was hired by Geissele as a consultant and then he was given the axe, like a few others. He was also sued by Geissele for allegedly providing company confidential information to the public, but the case was thrown out because it was proven that he shared public information that Bill himself had shared publicly.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Does this flex issue occur on the mk14 since they’re similar profile?

Has Geissele done any updates/redesigns to fix it?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Does this flex issue occur on the mk14 since they’re similar profile?

Has Geissele done any updates/redesigns to fix it?
    I haven't conducted any flex testing with my MK14, so I am also curious about this as well. I will say this though, compared to other handguards I've used, my MK14 does not deal with heat at all. For that reason alone I plan to swap it out soon.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Seems my comments were taken personally.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 07-18-19 at 16:12.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    No offense, but you have a very limited view & understanding of ISO and quality management systems. Start reading here.
    As someone who has gone through the process and as someone that deals with ISO all the time with my clients, it is just working through the paperwork and developing business process that can be verified. It does not mean that once someone has the cert that they continue to use that process. I know plenty of companies that only get serious every 3 years.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    As someone who has gone through the process and as someone that deals with ISO all the time with my clients, it is just working through the paperwork and developing business process that can be verified. It does not mean that once someone has the cert that they continue to use that process. I know plenty of companies that only get serious every 3 years.
    I was working under the assumption that the organization would actually keep up their QMS, but you're right a lot of companies use it for marketing purposes. But it's usually pretty easy to tell even if they "get serious" every 3 years. If you guys think that it's just working through paperwork and developing a few business processes, you must have had some janky registrars or weaksauce auditors... That's why I insist on doing onsite audits with all my critical vendors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast