Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Rail Failures Mega-Thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Please try and keep up. And don't worry, even if that rail is total garbage it will still look good on IG for your LARPing pictures.
    "If you've ever LARP'd with your Gucci rifle, go ahead and hit that subscribe button..."

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Wasn't there another thread here that had some info related to the issue?

Irregardless, I have owned three URGI uppers in both mid length and carbine configurations. On all three uppers, the barrel nut to rail fit was loose and coupled with soft material used for the barrel nut and the single bolt, there was some play on all the rail in the vertical axis, with the two mid length uppers being the worst. The other issue was that the rail was not properly clearanced for the MK12 gas block that was being used, in fact, it wasn't properly clearanced for the G gas block either, which is what started the thread on the other site. A guy had dropped his rifle on some concrete and the rail bent over the top of the G gas block. The G gas block also caused some internal damage to the rail, due to the raised ridges on the front and back of it. Similar issues presented themselves during some testing conducted by Picatinny Arsenal, which led to some powerpoint slides being made public, which caused further issues and questions to be asked of Bill. Bill said that he would look into the issues and provide a response after the Christmas holiday and has yet to provide any findings. Of course the entire thread got nuked after the holidays, which only furthered the conspiracy.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I don't know the entire story but from my understanding they get the big Army contract and cut some corners to meet the demand. I am not 100% sure but I believe that the entire line of rails suffered.
    Geissele cuts corners when the .mil has a high demand, but PSA doesn’t cut corners when .fudd demand gets high?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Geissele cuts corners when the .mil has a high demand, but PSA doesn’t cut corners when .fudd demand gets high?
    I wouldn't say that G cut any corners, but I would say that their manufacturing processes and QA/QC did not do them any favors in this instance.

Also, the URGi kits are currently being fielded, so we we will see what the guys in the field have to say after they have run them for a while.
    Last edited by drtywk; 07-16-19 at 17:54.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    I wouldn't say that G cut any corners, but I would say that their manufacturing processes and QA/QC did not do them any favors in this instance.

Also, the URGi kits are currently being fielded, so we we will see what the guys in the field have to say after they have run them for a while.
    When you drop the QA/QC process that by definition is "cutting a corner".
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I am sure they do, just like all of the other Hobby grade brands out there.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Irregardless, I have owned three URGI uppers in both mid length and carbine configurations. On all three uppers, the barrel nut to rail fit was loose and coupled with soft material used for the barrel nut and the single bolt, there was some play on all the rail in the vertical axis, with the two mid length uppers being the worst.
    Anyone else experience this with the MK16?

I’ve been holding off buying the URGI 10.3, issues keep coming up like you mentioned and the bending issue.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    When you drop the QA/QC process that by definition is "cutting a corner".
    I don't think they dropped it, but I do think that they do not have a clear cut process that is ISO certified or in line with Six Sigma.

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I don't think they dropped it, but I do think that they do not have a clear cut process that is ISO certified or in line with Six Sigma.
    Dude. Don’t go saying stuff like that.

Bill Geissele will sue you.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Once you go KAC you never go back.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast