Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    How's the Sig Romeo 5 holding up? Would you trust it in a fight?
    The ROMEO is beefy. I'd trust pretty much any RDS. Shoot! I have a $19 china RDS on my 10/22 that I can hear parts rattling inside, and it still turns on and holds zero. Worst case is it becomes a big Ghost ring sight. I have a Holosun that's pretty banged up, and it's been solid.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The only "issue" I remember reading about with the Romeo is that occasionally the motion sensor feature fails and it won't turn off by itself anymore. I will add that the few threads I've read on this make me think it's a warranty issue specific to that person's RDS rather than a design flaw. There are YouTube video torture tests that are at least confidence-building. I know it's not an Aimpoint but it might be acceptable to 99% of users even when it's subject to abuse.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can't speak to the Chinese optics.

Regarding the PRO - It's a fine optic, just really big and heavy for a simple red dot. I've had issues with the factory QRP mount slipping also, so really you should budget for a different mount, or buy the linked Geissele bundle.

The MRO nails it in form factor but is absolutely horrendous for parallax.

Feedback Score
    Check out RKB Armory for a used one. You can find them on the EE for good prices as well, but these guys are a business and prices are just as good from what i have seen

They have a gentle used Aimpont PRO with no mount for $268

Like new with Stock Mount $331

If you are on a fixed income you could get the w/o mount option and find a used mount another time. $268 is not much more than a lot of the inferior budget options go for

https://rkbarmory.com/

Feedback Score
    Being retired can be good and bad, the good is sleeping in and the bad is watching what you pay!

Feedback Score
    I run a Sig Romeo 4 A on my patrol rifle. It has been on the street for about a year now and seen around 5000 rounds, 2 carbine classes, multiple quals etc etc. It has been turned on since day 1. It has been hot and suddenly thrown in the cold. It has been in the cold and suddenly thrown in the hot...and many times back and forth as it exits the car, into the weather, from the weather into a home, back into the weather and finally locked back in the car. It has been in the rain and light snow. The battery in it right now has been in it for just over 10 months....no signs of failing. Again I let the motion sensor turn it "off" when idle....but being in a car it spends a lot of time "on" during the work week. I have changed out the mount for an SLR Rifleworks mount as it seemed more robust, although the stock one never failed me. I take the rifle out for use about 1 to 4 times a week on a "normal" work week.

I have a second Romeo 4 A on my wife's HD rifle. That one has about 1000 rounds on it and is also working just fine, stock mount.

Both have never lost Zero.

I would say the Romeo 5 is a great budget optic if you don't want to spend the extra for the Romeo 4. If you watch, the 4 will go on sale for around $180 or so every now and again.
    Last edited by TomPenguin5145; 07-17-19 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I don't think I'd buy another 30mm Aimpoint. I have the C3 in a Wilcox mount and it got whacked out of zero by falling over on tile.

The smaller H1/H2 and ROMEO size RDS seem to take those bumps and bangs better due to size and rail interface (wider relative foot print on the gun).
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Just did a little search on the Sig Romeo 4, Seems like $350 range will cover one and if a $180.00 deal came along I might jump?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an aimpoint pro and a trijicon mro. The aimpoint pro is a wonderful sight hampered by a lousy mount. Mine is now in a bobro. The trijicon mro has a wonderful size. But I have a horrible astigmatism with the trijicon. The parallax shift is also a problem. If I were doing it again? Never would have bought the trijicon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12