Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Strike Industries Gridlok Rail system

Feedback Score
    a little off topic, but how are SA's extended charging handles? They seem legit with the gas lip and look like they aren't too bad to grasp.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    https://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/si-grl.html

I've got a 17" coming for a build, will review.
    Damn That rail is niceeeeee

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moe2401 View Post
    Damn That rail is niceeeeee

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    In what way(s)?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    It literally seems like it's to be able to change the "accent color" of your handguard.
    A rail with it's own theme song!

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter98 View Post
    a little off topic, but how are SA's extended charging handles? They seem legit with the gas lip and look like they aren't too bad to grasp.
    I've heard that they aren't radiused very well, I think there was a post about someone cutting themselves on it. I can believe it after handling the SI rail that my son put on his 6920.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like their extended CH latches. They work very well.

Alot of the stuff they make is gimmicky crap, it seems though. To me, this rail setup looks that way. Do not want.

Feedback Score
    I like that SI is trying to do new things, and maybe that system might work well in some applications.

Its not something I really need, and I think the rail itself is kind of unecessary in the way they have those replaceable sections.

I am interested in their new adjustible gas block though, but I am waiting to see if the Fortis block ever comes out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I like their extended CH latches. They work very well.

Alot of the stuff they make is gimmicky crap, it seems though. To me, this rail setup looks that way. Do not want.
    I can agree with that, but they have made some stuff that is pretty neat like the backplates for glocks.

At least they are trying to do new stuff. I have one of their compact viper stocks that they discontinued, and its pretty sweet on an SBR.

Feedback Score
    I don't really have a problem with flashy handguards AS LONG AS they are functional first, and aesthetic second. These days companies have to work extra hard to stand out from the absolute avalanche of plentiful ARs and accessories. I can't blame them for trying to be creative with their marketing outreach.

BUT, they had better be ****ing bombproof handguards if they're going to put any emphasis on looking cool.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah they're just tryin' to do what every company is doing, stand out, be unique, innovative, sell, sell, sell.

I thought about it, and maybe the angle on a whole QD rail setup is: one is setup with things, like light, grip, laser, and/or whatever other items you can hang on a long gun.

Then you have another one, bare and slimline, to quickly swap out for times when you wanna travel light? Just can't imagine any other use for such a system...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123