Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bravo Company USA 12.5'' Kino Upper Receiver

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Thats a very nice setup. How’d you get the SL handguard on it without punching the FSB pins? Is BCM now shipping these with round endcaps?
    Doh! I totally forgot as it's been awhile... I ordered the SL handguards to replace way too thick original MOE handguards in a further attempt to avoid the FSB pins for a rail. However as you pointed out they require a round end cap so eventually out of pure mis-directed principle I did finally punch the FSB pins and switch out the end cap.

Ironically, they weren't too bad

Thanks 1168 & MrGunsNGear!

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I dig the concept, especially with plastic handguards. It's a modern day dissipator.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Dont see them with QRF on their site. Did you get it special order that way?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    Dont see them with QRF on their site. Did you get it special order that way?
    Same thought here, QRF is just how I’d want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    My "Max Reliability" / Simplicity /Cheap Kino setup.

No rail, A5 pistol tube buffer, cut down SBM4, ACT trigger, DD fixed BUIS, DD micro mount.

Minimal extra moving parts or anything fragile to break, at least that's the idea that mostly came out of not wanting to remove another painful BCM FSB ;-)

Trying out a Primary Arms ACSS reticle dot on there and it actually enables easier hits on steel silhouettes to 300. Although admittedly not known for "Max Reliability"

I'll probably put an old Micro or Pro on it when another one gets upgraded... Oh and alumnahyde the lower too!

Dennis.

Kino / A5 update!

** Updated as I actually ended up using an A5H3 buffer. I apparently can't read nor remember tiny engraving in the summer heat... **

This BCM Kino had a carbine extension and H2 buffer on it 2 weeks ago and I thought it was a little jumpy recoil wise. I put an A5 tube on it and tested lock back with American Eagle and PMC Bronze .223 with both A5H2 and A5H3 buffers with no issues. I couldn't bring myself to try an A5H4 just on principle (it can't need the heaviest!!)

Anyways I left the A5H3 in it and then put 130 rounds of M193 5.56 downrange and subjectively felt much less to minimal muzzle rise. This was supported by two novice shooters easily repeating 100Y steel hits and long strings of fire with minimal noticeable muzzle rise.

Of course all this with the pictured A2 FH.

I was already sold on the A5 system with carbines and a MK18 but this was as close to a head to head test I have done and I was duly impressed.

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 07-22-19 at 01:29.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Cool update. I’m right behind you with the A5 conversion.
    As I recall, IG indicated A5H3 is good to go (possibly even with a green Springco spring?), and A5H4 suppressed. I may try the A5H3 with a standard spring to start out. Cheapest ammo I have is some Wolf Gold. If you try a heavier buffer, would love to hear how it goes for you.

Feedback Score
    Why is it called Kino?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Send it... View Post
    Why is it called Kino?
    I think I read somewhere that it was named after Kino Davis from Vltor.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Cool update. I’m right behind you with the A5 conversion.
    As I recall, IG indicated A5H3 is good to go (possibly even with a green Springco spring?), and A5H4 suppressed. I may try the A5H3 with a standard spring to start out. Cheapest ammo I have is some Wolf Gold. If you try a heavier buffer, would love to hear how it goes for you.
    Yes. I actually ended up with an A5H3 and amended my post given I apparently can't read nor remember things correctly...

I remember IG posts about the Kino being his favorite all purpose setup but it didn't make sense until I shot it with an A5 system.

Thanks for keeping me straight JediGuy!

Dennis.

PS the buffer marks are from only 130rds and from an apparently sharp BCM carrier. Not a big deal but I like polishing things!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Hey, thanks for the update. That saves me some time. This coming winter, assuming we get some cold temps, I really want to see how that A5H3 works out. I’ve been curious if it’s still ideal once we get into freezing/subzero weather.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast